15

"Archie, keep pressure on the wound, I'm getting the car" Sophia pulls Fred's keys out of his pockets and runs outside

As she runs to the car, she brushes her hair out of her face, her hands leaving patches of blood on her cheeks. When she puts the keys in the car, she notices her hands are covered in blood. Sophia quickly pulls the car in front of Pop's, puts it in park, and hops out to help Archie. The two stand Fred up and help him walk to the car. Pop was freaking out and Fred was in and out of it. Archie sits in the back with his dad as Sophia drives.

Sophia drove like she never had before. She was doing 40 in 20 and ran every stop light and stop sign. They had to get to the hospital. She was trying to outrace death. When they arrived at the hospital, it seemed barren. Like there was no one there. Sophia and Archie basically had to drag Fred. It had been minutes before a few nurses found them. They got Fred on a stretcher then were joined by more nurses as they rolled him down the hallway. When they got past a certain point, the kids were held back.

"I'm right here, Dad! I'm right here!" Archie yelled through the door as they began to operate.

The two didn't move from there spots for an hour. They were both in shock and honestly didn't know what to do. It didn't even reckon to  them that they were covered in blood. Archie's previously white bandage that was wrapped around his hand had turned crimson red. His letterman jacket looked ruined. Sophia's heather grey shirt and blue jacket were a disgusting rust color. Her jeans were soaked. The blood was beginning to dry and had a disgusting metal smell. Both kids had trail of blood behind them to where they currently stood.

A nurse came out of the operating room and saw them. The look in their eyes were blank. She snapped the two out of it and began to talk to Archie. She said they'd be operating for a few hours so they should get cleaned up and get comfortable. But neither were leaving the hospital, so they began to call people. Archie called Veronica while Sophia called Betty who called Jughead. The Coopers, The Lodges, and Jughead arrived at the same time to see the horror of their friends.

They embraced each other and sat in the waiting room. Sophia sits silently as Archie recounts the earlier events. Alice Cooper walks up to the five accompanied by her husband and Hermione Lodge.

"There isn't any new information. Your dad's in surgery. He's gonna be there for a while" She says.

"Uh, Archie. Have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?" Mrs. Lodge asked.

"No. No, I haven't called her. I'll be right back" He stands and walks away.

Jughead and Mrs. Cooper began to argue with each other but Sophia had zoned out. She needed to call her parents. Word about the shooting had to have spread by now. She stood from her spot, despite the eyes on her, and walked to a different hallway as Archie.