19

"You ok, babe?" Reggie asked, turning onto Archie's street which wasn't far from her own

"You ok, babe?" Reggie asked, turning onto Archie's street which wasn't far from her own. "Yeah, nothing you need to worry about. Just family problems" Sophia responded. "Your mom again?" He asked. "No, it's my dad this time. I-I just don't really wanna talk about it" She said, eyes focusing on the window. This was new for Reggie. Sophia was never really distant. She was always upfront and honest. So he decided to leave it alone as the car cane to a halt in front of the Andrews Residence.

The two got out, Reggie grabbing the boxes of pizza from the backseat. The rest of the Bulldogs got out of their respective cars and followed the girl up the pathway. She knocked on the door before leaning into Reggie's side. He responded by wrapping an arm around her, making sure to keep a grip on the pizza boxes with the other. After a second, the door opened and Veronica appeared. Dear old cousin whose father singlehandedly was messing with her family.

"Reggie? Sophia?" Veronica questioned. "Can we come in?" Reggie asks but then enters before an answer is given. Sophia follows behind him as the rest of the Bulldogs pile in, greeting Archie. Once everyone sat in the living room, Veronica spoke once again. "To what do we owe this unexpected honor?" She asks. "Archie could have told Weatherbee the Hood was mine, but he didn't. In the book of Reg, that makes you a top-tier loyal badass. And, uh. We were talking today and decided if you want to keep the Red Circle going, we're hear for you dude" Reggie spoke, earning a glare from Sophia who was sitting on the em of his chair.

He told her nothing about rejoining the Red Circle tonight. It was a dumb idea from the jump and was gonna get him hurt or in trouble.  They would definitely be talking about that later. Just as Archie began to nod, the sound of motorcycle engines clouded the streets. Sophia knew who it was, it could only be one group of people. "And not a moment too soon. Archie, Trouble" Veronica said, frankly a little dramatically. Everyone hopped up and came to the door as it opened. Standing on the porch was Sweet Pea, Tyler, and three other Serpents.

Sophia and Tyler connected eyes before she looked towards Pea who seemed to be leading them. "Sweet Pea, What are you doing here?" Sophia asked. He ignored her, directing his words towards the red headed boy. "How stupid are you Northsiders? You really think you can come to my house, stick a gun in my face in front of my boys, and there wouldn't be payback?" He asked. "Woah! Archie, you did what?" Sophia said, turning her back towards the Serpents to look at him. "You have crap timing, bro. Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch" Reggie jumps in.

"We'll see about that. And the more, the merrier" Sweet Pea says. He and Reggie begin to reach for each other before being stopped by Archie. "Hey, chill. Veronica stay here" He says to his girlfriend. "You too" Reggie directs. Sophia pulls Reggie away from the door off to the side as it seems the other couple begins to bicker. "Reg, what are you doing?" She asks. "What do you mean, 'what am I doing?' They want a fight and we're gonna give them one" He replies. "This isn't your fight. It's Archie's" Sophia replies. "Soph, I stand with Archie on this one. Those Serpents had it coming" He says. "Remember I'm one of those Serpents" She says, with a warning tone before going back to the door.

"If you wanna fight, we'll fight" Archie says. "What about your gun?" Sweet Pea asks. "What about your knife?" Archie returns. "No weapons. A clean fight" Sophia spoke up. Oh well! She tried to stop them. "If you troglodytes insist on doing this, there's gonna be rules" Veronica says, "Or should I call Sheriff Keller to be referee?". The boys agreed and before Sophia knew it, they were off. Walking two blocks down to a vacant lot to fight, leaving the women at home. But perhaps, leaving the two at home was a mistake because as the silence grew, so did there concern. Something bad was gonna happen. Somebody was gonna get really hurt.

So the two grabbed their jackets and began to walk to the lot. When they arrived in the pouring rain, the view before them was chaotic. The yellow and blue and black jackets clashed violently. Both Archie and Reggie were on the ground, and that's when Veronica pulled out the gun Sophia didn't even know she had and fired it into the air. Sophia instantly ducked away from the girl, taking a few steps back. The noise brought everyone's eyes to the two of them, more so the girl with the deadly weapon in her hands.

The Serpents stood to their feet and began to run away, knowing the gunshot would attract the attention ofpolice. "Help!" Dilton called out, practically falling into the arms of Reggie. There was a knife stabbed into his upper leg, just above his knee. She knew none of the Serpents would have done it. When they make a code, they stand by it. Reggie began to drag the boy to the car. When he reached the car and got the door open, he called out to Sophia. "Get in the car! Get in the car!" He said. "Take him to the hospital! I'll catch up with you later" She yelled over the rain before turning and running off in the direction Sweet Pea, Tyler, and the rest of the Serpents left in. He scoffed before getting in the car and driving off.