17

Last night, while most people were just leaving Pop's or settling into their beds, Moose and Midge were shot up at Lover's Lane

Last night, while most people were just leaving Pop's or settling into their beds, Moose and Midge were shot up at Lover's Lane. Sophia and Reggie had gone there a few times to talk and occasionally make out. There was no way they were found there now. The gang sat in the student lounge, discussing the incident.

"It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane" Kevin explains.

"Kev, what were you even doing there? You could've been shot, too" Betty asks.

"I was just night-jogging, you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots" Kevin replies.

"Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?" Archie asks.

"With terrible aim" Jughead remarks.

"Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy" Archie points out.

"We don't know these three crimes are related" Betty responds.

"Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive.
Archie's dad survived" Sophia says.

Veronica speaks, wanting to change the conversation to something more positive.

"The Matchlerette starts tonight.
You're coming over to watch" She says to the group.

"There's a shooter terrorizing the town.
You really want us to watch a gross dating show?" Betty asks.

"What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially, especially you Sophia" Veronica says.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jughead asks.

"My Dad told me that Hiram Lodge is his brother" Sophia remarks, sitting back in her chair.

Jughead and Betty both make surprised faces while Archie doesn't seem surprised. Veronica must have told him already just like Sophia told Reggie. Speaking of Reggie, she hasn't seen him since she heard the news. Moose is his best friend, so she knew he would be majorly concerned.

"So then why are your last names different?" Betty asks.

"They have different father's" Veronica says, "But that doesn't change anything. We are still family. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing bad things, as it turns out.
I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine".

"Well, we'll be there, V" Betty added.

"Can't wait" Sophia added.