Introduction

A/N) Hi everyone! This is the sequel to a collaborative story written two years ago by me (isobeljones2000and Sierra (KateSeleneMelody3OCscalled the Island of Fear, which was put on hold. Now we are back collaborating, and this book, the Island of Secrets, is now up! Thank you for anyone who commented on the last book and waited so patiently, and if anyone hasn't read it and wants to, here's a link to the Island of Fear, also on my profile. This uses OCs from My Miracle by Sierra, and The Octonauts and the Overfishing Incident by me, so also check those out if you want some backstory.

Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy the Island of Secrets!

Sierra and Izzie :D

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

isobeljones2000

2 months later

Shellington's POV: The lab is dim as I sit, scribbling in my already full notebook, eyes screwed up in concentration, lips in a tight hard line. I know I'm nearly there. I have to be. For her sake.

I sense her presence before she speaks, but I don't turn around. I don't need to. Just looking at her could cause me to break down, and I can't. Not while I'm so, so close.

"Shellington," she says simply. Her voice is dull and flat.

"What have you remembered?" I ask, my voice equally monotonous. She knows I hate her, just for not being Dashi. Deep in me I know this is wrong, but I can't bring myself to not blame her.

"I can't do this any more," she says instead.

I whirl around, nearly getting whiplash in the process. "You what?"

The first thing I notice about her is that she's cut her hair. Previously it was in a ponytail, now it's in short spikes around her head. It looks good on her. Anything looked good on Dashi.

But this isn't Dashi. This is merely Dashi 2.

Her voice is calm and perfectly normal, but I see her shaking with emotion and anger. "I can't live like this any more. I'm so tired of pretending to be Dashi, so tired of everyone judging me like I'm her. I'm not her!"

"I know you're not," I say coldly. "You can never replace her."

"I don't want to replace her," she argues. "I never wanted to replace Dashi's life. I want to be my own person."

"I'm going to bring her back," I say confidently. "You're not a real person. You're just a shadow of something that Lupo created."

"I'm leaving," she says. I jump to my feet so quickly I barely even register the movement.

"No you're not."

"I am. You can't control me."

"You have Dashi's body!" I argue, nearly yelling at her. "You're Dashi!"

"My name is not Dashi," she says very quietly. " My name is -"

And then she looks up at me, her eyes cold but full of pain at the same time. "My name is Dani. And I'm leaving for Windfell Island, where I grew up. And I'm going to find out the truth."

Then she turns and runs out of the lab.

And I know, with her goes my last chance of ever getting my only love back.

Then I break down sobbing on the cold lab floor.