Chapter 25) Lupo's Workshop

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Lupo's POV: I was carefully watching the cameras, trying to figure out if there was anything I needed to see. It bothered me that Selene and Kate had fought off the simulation gas so easily. I had designed it to bring up sore spots in a persons life. In Shellington's mind, it brought up his girlfriend, with Kate, it brought up her parents... but who was Stefan? I didn't know – and I was her ex-husband!

I briefly wondered if we really should kill the Octonauts. I mean, financially speaking, they could sell for a lot on the black market. I mean, sure, not all of them, and not the ones that we desperately wanted dead. Nor right away. I would love to see the terror in their eyes as they watched their friends be tortured and eventually die. But it could get us more allies.

I would have to bring it up with Damien. He may agree. He did know a good idea when he heard one.

Just then, I saw the group enter my secret lab. I grinned. I had known that they would find it eventually. They were getting closer to us.

Closer to our traps.

Closer to their fates.

isobeljones2000

Tunip's POV: It took a few moments to my eyes to adjust to the darkness down here - darker, even, than the catacombs that Eelean grew up in - but when I could finally make out some of the indistinct shapes in the room I could tell it was some kind of workshop. It seemed cluttered with objects and screens guarded the walls from either side.

"Who's guessing it's Lupo's?" Kate asked semi-cheerily.

"I don't really see it being anyone else's," mused Barnacles.

Tweak had already moved towards the table in the middle, murmuring under her breath in apparent wonder. She understood some of these inventions much better than we would.

"Anything interesting?" Kwazii asked over her shoulder. "Because to me, that looks like just some more technical garb. And that part is definitely gobbledygook. And there's some clear nonsense right there."

Tweak laughed lightly, and Kate finally managed to flick the switch on the torch she had been fiddling with, emitting a beam of white-grey light.

"That's better," said Selene, finally able to see the workshop properly. I knew how she felt, and pressed against her leg. I could feel her emotions running through me as we touched; it was a dizzying yet pleasurable experience.

At that moment, Tweak gasped. "Why, the - how dare he?"

"What? What?" asked Barnacles quickly.

Tweak met his eyes, her face illuminated dimly by the ominous white light. "Shine that torch over here for a moment, Kate. Thanks. Lupo has somehow managed to get hold of the designs for our radios and built his own to use. My designs!"

Kate rolled her eyes. "To be honest, I'm past being surprised."

Tweak fumed silently. "I hate him."

Selene patted her on the shoulder comfortingly. "Feeling's mutual, don't worry."

"Is there anything that we can use to help us?" The practical Captain asked, and we began to cautiously look around the workshop, wondering what we might find amid the random inventions.

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Kate's POV: I walked slowly around one of the worktables, trying to spot something of interest. There were many complex diagrams for inventions, but they didn't make much sense to me. I was no engineer.