Chapter 30) Prisoners Old and New

KateSeleneMelody3OCs

Eelean's POV:

We wandered the corridor, looking for another stairwell, me and Kate hoping for one instead of an elevator. The hallways were like mazes, and the signs that would have helped, were too faded to read. Kate was using her memory of the map to guide us.

The only problem was that we were taking quite a while.

Well, I guess it wasn't the only problem. But it was up there.

"Sorry..." Kate said for the fifth time so far, when we came to another set of decrepit stairs, these ones not even going up to the roof.

"Stop apologizing. This isn't your fault." Peso replied, but even he was getting stressed at this point.

'It is though...if it wasn't for my stupid claustrophobia, this wouldn't have happened.' she thought. 'Now, I'm keeping secrets from everyone because the villains can't know. But if they find us up here, what's to stop them from figuring it out?'

I knew what she was referring to. She had told me, telepathically so that no one else would hear.

As we turned around and started on our way back, Peso cried out in alarm.

Standing in front of us was none other than Damien Fox.

'Run, Eelean!'Kate thought desperately. 'You need to get help!'

Tears in my eyes, I nodded, grabbed Tunip's flipper, and ran. Our small size kept us from being noticed.

When we were far enough away, I fell to the ground, sobbing.

One of my partners was free, but the other had just been captured.

When would this all end?

isobeljones2000

Kate's POV: Instantly I moved in front of Peso, forcing myself not to glance back at where I sensed Eelean and Tunip had run to, so I didn't give them away. It was bad enough that we had to be found. But we needed someone to know that we were now in big, big trouble.

Damien's smirk was cruel and delighted as he stepped closer to us. "We have been watching you, Katelyn Cat."

"Oh, I didn't figure that out from all the cameras following us," I replied sarcastically, determined to hide my fear from him, although my fur was bristling right the way down my spine, my legs quivering.

He snarled. "Where is your brother? I want you both together."

"Believe me, I want him too," I said frankly. "I also want you to not be here. At all. But life's just not that fair, is it?"

Fiona stepped out from the shadows beside her husband, a strange look on her face as she glared at me. But her eyes were glinting knowingly at me, almost confidentially.

Peso tried to move next to me, but I shook my head almost imperceptibly, trying to communicate with him that I had to protect him at all costs. I couldn't drag him into this with me. Not again. "Let Peso go," I ordered.

"Kate, no!" My boyfriend grabbed my paw, clung to it with all his might, and tears came to my own eyes as Damien and Fiona saw how important he obviously was to me, the one thing I knew I had to hide at all costs.

Suddenly, the radio buzzed - not mine, Damien's. I noticed it had an Octonauts logo on it, but the colour was a deep red. Lupo's work, no doubt. "You stole Tweak's invention," I said, my voice icy.

Damien shrugged airily at me, and listened to Cera's voice, tinny from the mic on the familiar collar hidden under his large overcoat. When he next looked up at me, his face was full of rage. "They have escaped," he half informed me, half Fiona. "The prisoners have escaped."