Chapter 20) Hide And Seek

isobeljones2000

Selene's POV: Chills ran down my spine as a snide voice cut through the silence of the air from the corridor outside. Peso and Tunip, who had run inside with me, looked at me and each other with wide eyes, and I remembered I was technically Captain now. Fun.

"Come out, come out... this isn't hide and seek..." the voice taunted. "Are you brave, or are you afraid?" The voice was unmistakably Cera's icy tones. I was suddenly very worried that anyone else was listening to her, obviously to my ears trying to rile us up. But to someone more proud, someone who hated being called a coward, someone like Kate for example... I knew it would be harder to ignore.

Luckily, the voice didn't speak any more, and I heard a cold laugh as Cera evidently lost interest and moved away down the corridor back in the direction of the lobby. I heard her talking into her radio, but I couldn't make out the words. Nothing good, I knew.

When I dared to breathe again, Peso was sitting up on the bed, yawning softly. "I forgot what an actual bed felt like," he said sleepily. With a jolt, I recalled that it had been almost twenty hours since any of us had slept. I guessed I had been running on adrenaline this whole time.

"To be fair, a hotel doesn't seem like a bad place to sleep," Peso continued with a shy smile. "Even if it is a creepy old one run by villains."

I flashed a brief smile to him before cautiously opening the door a tiny crack to see if Cera had gone. Indeed, there was no fox in sight, and I allowed myself to relax slightly. "Okay. Let's find the others again, then think about sleeping."

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Dani's POV: I heard a loud crash from somewhere, but I couldn't determine where. The ear-splitting sound seemed to surround the small makeshift cell rather than originating from one specific direction. There was no way of knowing what had made the sound, or if it was reason to be alarmed.

Christian hadn't been focusing on anything in the room for a while now. Maybe he was trying to commune with that little female creature. I think they called her a... Vegimal. Half vegetable, half animal. Eelean. She was kind to me. They all were.

I remembered how I had told Shellington that I wanted to remember, how I wanted to be happy. I did want my new, dare I call them, friends, to have their friend back. But I knew what that meant.

Was I willing to give up my own existence to save someone that I didn't know? But at the same time, that was exactly what the Octonauts had done for me. Even after they realized that I wasn't Dashi, that I had changed, they still did what they could to get everyone out safely.

But I wasn't like them. Or was I? I wasn't sure of anything anymore. If the time came, what would I choose?

isobeljones2000

Elena's POV: Brendan was bouncing slightly on the bed, chuckling softly as he played. Although I knew all too well we had to be quiet if the villains came, I didn't have the heart to stop him playing. It wasn't right to drag children into this, especially at that age. Olivia was talking softly to herself in my arms; I couldn't make out the words. I had been the only person to run into this room with my children when Barnacles had shouted the instruction, after the chandelier had fallen. I knew Peso, Selene and Tunip were in the room next to me, but I didn't know the whereabouts of anyone else. I hoped the villains hadn't heard, much as I doubted this would be true.

Christian was here, I could feel it. I was closer to him than I had felt in months, and all I wanted to do was run to wherever they were keeping him, top floor or basement and demand my husband back. They had no right to keep him here, no right to deny my children a father.