Chapter 32) A Cat's Confession

KateSeleneMelody3OCs

Kate's POV:

It was so dark, even I couldn't see a thing, despite my nightvision. "Peso?" I asked in the seemingly endless abyss all around me. I groped around in the darkness for a while, eventually finding his flipper. I grasped it tightly in my paw, not wanting to let go. "I'm so sorry..." I whispered, the tears that had been threatening to fall finally winning as I tried to hold back my sobs.

His other flipper found its way on my shoulder, and he pulled me in. "This isn't your fault... you hear me, Kate? This isn't your fault..."

I felt a kick from the small child growing inside me. The child that somehow, the villains had found out about.

If they already knew, then why was I still keeping it a secret?

With that thought, I brought his flipper to my stomach.

This immediately got a reaction. "Kate, why didn't you tell me you were sick? I could help you if I knew what was going on." He asked. One of the reasons I loved him so much was that he didn't get angry.

"Because I'm not sick." I whispered. And again, a kick.

Only this time, he felt it. His flipper reeled back in surprise.

"¿Estas embarazada?" He asked, and I knew enough Spanish to know that he wasn't asking if I was embarrased, but if I was pregnant.

"Yes..." I breathed. "And I know that its too early. I know you probably hate me for this, but yes..." I really started crying now, afraid that I had lost my wonderful boyfriend.

I could feel his gaze in the darkness, seeming to brush against me. "Kate...are you kidding? I'm not mad at all... I'm just relieved you hadn't caught the virus or something... I was so scared I might lose you again."

He tried to kiss me, but due to the darkness, he ended up kissing my shoulder. He pulled away quickly due to embarrassment. I laughed lightly, and helped guide his lips to mine, and we just kissed for a time.

'Odd, how we somehow end up kissing passionately in a dungeon..' I thought, amused.

As we both pulled away, he asked, "But why didn't you just tell me?"

I sighed.

"Because I didn't realize until we were probably under surveillance." I admitted. "But it seems... somehow... the found out...?" I guessed.

His flipper tightened around mine. "Then you're in more danger than I suspected." He replied tensely. "I hope that..." He didn't finish, but I knew what he meant.

But I realized there was another reason he didn't finish. I heard the footsteps after he did, it would seem. The lights flickered slightly before we both shouted in fear at the sight of all four villains staring at us with menacing grins.

isobeljones2000

Shellington's POV: Perhaps understandably, I felt a little detached from the whole situation, partially down to the fireworks that insisted on going off in my head, induced by my reunion with Tunip, partially because I wasn't entirely sure what was going on in terms of this plan that Tweak had hurriedly filled me in on, and partially because I could still feel the virus coursing through my body, trying to tell me to sleep. No, I reprimanded it, hiding my slight swaying as I gently placed the Vegimal to the ground and sidled back over to Dani, Tunip following at my heels like a little shadow. Dani looked even more lost than I did amid the commotion, and I had the feeling neither of us would be of much help at this current moment in time.