Chapter 31) Shattered Bonds Renewed

KateSeleneMelody3OCs

Tunip's POV:

Both Eelean and I were panting heavily, the burst of running having tired both of us out. My body was aching and I felt as though I would collapse.

'No Tunip!' I berated myself. 'Your crew needs you! You can rest when we all get back to the Octopod, but not a moment before.'

Eelean was sobbing, and I awkwardly tried to comfort her. But just standing here wasn't going to help anyone. We both knew that.

"We need to get up to the roof." She finally said, down to business. "This throws a bit of a wrench in the plans, and the others need to know what... what happened." She whispered.

I nodded, unable to really say anything. I was still in shock. But I had to admire Eelean and her ability to stay on track, despite everything. She was definitely a great addition to the crew.

"As much as I hate to admit it, the elevator seems like our best option." She continued. "It's definitely faster, and we know where it is."

I nodded again. "We need to hurry..." I murmured. With that, we got to our feet, and headed down the hall where we originally came from.

isobeljones2000

Peso's POV: As Damien and Fiona wrestled us across the lobby and towards a set of stairs that none of us had noticed upon entering, down a concealed corridor that had been hidden from view by a large bookcase, I tried my best to stay positive. Admittedly, even with my sunny disposition, it was difficult. We were out of range of radio contact, and we had been found and captured by the people who inexplicably seemed to hate us the most in the world. Still, Tunip and Eelean knew what had happened to us, and the small Vegimals were remarkably resourceful. Also, we now knew that Dani and Christian were free, which was something, at least.

But what worried me was that Kate seemed oddly quiet and submissive, not struggling against Damien's iron grip as furiously as she would normally. Twice she gasped and pressed her one free hand to her stomach, as if it pained her. I wondered whether I had been wrong all along and Lupo had created another unique strain of the virus that was affecting just my girlfriend. I would never forgive myself if that was true.

Fiona had both of my flippers pinned behind my back as she forced me to step down the stairs, the light getting progressively more crimson as we obviously neared the dungeons. I wished I could control the quivering that Fiona could feel through my entire body, and was cackling at.

But the female villain (villainess?) kept staring across at Kate, her gaze almost hungry, knowing.

"Shall we separate our lovebirds?" she wanted to know as we stumbled down the last few stairs and were forced side by side into a larger room, sets of bars showing where the cells were situated.

Damien shook his head calculatingly, leering at me and digging his paw into Kate's shoulder so that even she let out a tiny cry. "No, keep them together, I think. I believe our Katelyn may have a lot to talk to her boyfriend about."

I stared at Kate as we were shoved into the cell one after the other, and the lights were cut off so we both fell blindly onto the icy cobbles of the floor.

"Back soon!" Fiona called amiably, before husband and wife strutted from the room, leaving us together, utterly in the dark - in more ways than one, in my case.

KateSeleneMelody3OCs

Dani's POV:

The Octonauts looked at us in shock for a few seconds. A strange silence filled the air.