Chapter 12) Mind Reading and Video Calls

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Tunip's POV: I still couldn't believe it. Shellington was gone. And I hadn't even noticed. What if something bad happened to him? I didn't know. I didn't want to know if he was in trouble, but at the same time, I felt like I had to know desperately.

Only one of these desires that I had was going to help him, and Dani, and Christian. I closed my eyes tight and felt a tingling sensation engulf me.

I pictured a crossroads in an abandoned city on an island that I had never visited. Yet somehow, I knew it was WIndfell Island. I vividly saw Shellington run into the crossroad, holding what appeared to be a crowbar. Probably in case he ran into those four psychos.

He looked around, finding that he was alone, he began to search for something, it seemed. Eventually, he picked up a hair scrunchie. It was white, and I remembered that Dani had been wearing it.

"Did she lose it trying to fight?" He murmured to himself. not knowing that I was aware. He slipped it into his satchel. "Either way, she was definitely here." He muttered.

I called out to him. He didn't here me. Instead, he ran off in another direction. But not before scribbling something down in a notebook, ripping out a page, and leaving it on the door of a building.

I opened my eyes when I heard Eelean calling my name. "Tunip? We're going to find him. Don't worry." She whispered. I nodded. "I know. I just saw him." I replied, telling Eelean what I saw.

Eelean, the helpful girlfriend she is, translated my statement for the others. The reactions were mixed. Confusion, horror, relief, frustration, were the ones that I picked out.

Kate, who was the one who was frustrated, sighed. "Well, we're not going to find any of them just standing here talking!" She stated.

Kwazii nodded. "But it's obviously a trap. Why is he walking into a trap if it's that obvious?" He asked.

Selene sighed. "His girlfriend was kidnapped. I believe you did something similar about two months ago?" She replied sarcastically. Kwazii looked embarrassed, as did Tweak.

Captain Barnacles cleared his throat. "We're not just going to stay here, but we'll need some sort of protection against the virus if we're going back to Windfell."

Despite everything that was going on, I managed a smile. "How about air helmets?" I suggested.

isobeljones2000

Tweak's POV: The Captain smiled once Eelean had translated Tunip's suggestion in English. "Tunip, that's a very good idea. Shel -" His voice then cut off abruptly as we all realised what he had been about to automatically say: our scientist's name, probably to ask about the concentration of the virus and the air or something.

Selene saved the awkward situation by quickly moving on. She was a great co-captain, I realised, and I wouldn't be surprised if Barnacles made her this position sooner or later. "So that's sorted. What about groups? If we split up we'll be faster searching."

Kate quickly made her first suggestion. "Kwazii. I have - something I want to show him."

It was credit to Barnacles' excellent Captain skills that he didn't question her for a moment. He knew that she needed to do this, and that was fine. "Ok, that's fine," he mirrored my thoughts.

"And Tweak," Kwazii butted in.

"No, that's fine. You go and see your home with Kate, I'll go with someone else," I said, knowing that the twins would need this time alone. Both sent me an understanding look.