san [edited]

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece. If I do, I would have already made Zorobin canon (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

"Help me to fall in love with you."

Zoro spat out his drink, looking at her incredulously as if she's gone insane. "Have you lost your mind, you damn woman?! Are you freaking serious right now?! 'Cause if you aren't, it isn't a good joke at all!" 

It was a sudden confession– no, more like a crazy proposal from the raven-haired woman. Zoro didn't anticipate it. He didn't anticipate it at all.

Before she could even take back her words, two simple words left her mouth– embarking herself on a ride that she's never ridden in her entire life. "Dead serious," Robin deadpanned, shrugging her shoulders as if she just proposed something normal.

He blinked once, twice, thrice– his mouth slightly agape. He couldn't comprehend what he just heard. There's no way she would say something as crazy as that. Yeah, I must've heard that wrong... But as if she heard his thoughts, she answered him with a smile. "No, you didn't. You heard me right."

He scoffed, running his hand numerous times through his hair, disheveling it in the process. She watched him anxiously, mentally scolding herself for her lack of control. She couldn't believe either what she had just professed. Get a hold of yourself, Robin! He cleared his throat, fixing his eyes on hers again.

"I'm the hotheaded type. I can be sometimes irrational. I'm not sweet nor lovable. I have numerous bad qualities and obviously not suited for a relationship, so I suggest you find another man that can play along with you and your little games," He paused and gave her a small glare, who was currently suppressing a chuckle.

"So if I were you, I would rather find a better man than waste time on a person who's hard to deal with," He hissed, chugging down a bottle of beer. He let out a smirk when she suddenly went quiet. He was already celebrating his so-called "victory" in his own world, oblivious about the smile that was slowly adorning her face. Unfortunately for him, she never thought about backing down at all, even just for a bit. "I know. I don't need a perfect one. I want it to be you."

And for the nth time, he found himself dumbfounded– speechless. He can't decipher what's going on in that raven-haired woman's mind, and that irked him the most. He drank the remaining contents of his beer in one gulp. "You really get on my nerves," He retorted, clicking his tongue as he did so. "I know and I'm sorry."

He heaved out a sigh before silence took over them again, eyes fully trained on each other intently as if relaying unsaid words through their eyes. Even though he hated to admit it, but he had considered her proposal the moment he heard it. He wanted to know her better, a whole lot better. After careful considerations and numerous inner fights, he cleared his throat, bringing both of them back on the matter at hand.

"So," He started, struggling to find the right words. "So, uh, are you really serious about this?" Her eyes shot up, making him furrow his eyebrows. "What? Did I say something wrong?" She just shook her head and smiled. "No, I'm just surprised that you can be gentle as well."

A subtle blush appeared on his cheeks as his eyebrows and lips twitched. "What are you talking about, woman?!" He bellowed, glaring daggers at her. She giggled at his reaction, causing his cheeks to turn even redder. "Just answer the damn question already!" Sensing his seriousness, her giggles died down, giving him a serious look. "Yes, I am. I'm really serious about it." She flashed him a genuine smile, taking him aback.

"I see. So you're indeed capable of doing that," He remarked, smiling softly. Her eyes shot up, giving him a confused look. "What do you mean?" He pointed his finger towards her lips. "You finally showed me your real smile." A tinge of pink colored her cheeks, making her unconsciously avert her eyes. "So?" She queried, avoiding the current topic.