jû hachi

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece. If I do, I would have already made Zorobin canon (•̀•́)و

"Ryan?" Robin called out, her eyes still as big as saucers. Ryan just flashed her a grin before giving her a small salute. "Long time no see, Robin." Robin just flashed him a smile before nodding. "Long time no see indeed."

"Do you have some free time today, Robin?" He inquired, stuffing both of his hands in both of his jeans' pockets, "Want to grab some coffee with me?" She eyed him carefully before letting out another smile. "Coffee sounds great."

~*~

"What do you want?" Ryan shifted her gaze to Robin and smiled. "Mmm... Iced Americano and Banana Hazelnut Tart," She replied, flashing him a small smile. He nodded in response and turned towards the cashier. "One Iced Americano, One Iced Caffè Mocha with extra whipped cream, One Banana Hazelnut Tart and One Brownie Walnut Cake."

The cashier repeated their order which he nodded in response. "It will be ¥3315, Sir." He fished out his wallet and grabbed a ¥5000 bill. "I received ¥5000," The cashier stated before giving him the change. "Please wait at your table, Sir. We will bring your order in 10 minutes." The two of them just nodded before walking towards their table.

They plopped down on their seats as soon as they reached it. She stared at him with a small smile playing on her lips. Ryan, noticing her stare, smirked and winked at her. She let out a light laugh while shaking her head slowly. "You're still the same, huh?"

"Not really," He retorted, letting out a cheeky grin. "Oh yeah? You still like foods that are high in sugar though." His eyes shot up in interest as he let out a hearty chuckle. "You still remembered it?" He inquired, intrigued by her words. "How could I forget about it? You were such an asshole in our first date. No offense."

"Right. I'm really sorry about that," He apologized, smiling sheepishly at her. Her eyes widened at his sudden apology, making her look at him suspiciously. "Oh. I didn't expect that," She confessed. "I learned from my mistakes. I already changed for the better, you know."

Before she could make a witty retort, the waiter came and placed their orders on the table. The two thanked the waiter before digging in to their food. The two ate in silence, enjoying the delicious food in front of them. They were still clouded in silence even after they're done eating their food.

Ryan, not being able to handle the silence any longer, broke it. "Are you okay?" Ryan blurted out suddenly, making her look at him in utter confusion. Robin, regaining her composure, let out a small smile. "Of course. Why would I not be?" He looked at her warily, making her shift in her seat uncomfortably.

"You know, it's okay if you don't want to talk about it right now. I can wait." She looked at him and gave him a warm smile. "Thanks for understanding." He just nodded at her before finishing his drink. She did the same and smiled at him.

The two talked for almost two hours, trying to catch up to each other's lives. They were completely immersed in their conversation as if they're the only people existing in that place right now. She got caught off-guard when he asked her something unexpected.

"How's your relationship with your boyfriend?" She eyed him warily, her lips forming a thin line. "How'd you know?" She asked back, making him smile. "I saw you doing lovey-dovey things with a green-haired man before," He stated, air quoting the word "lovey-dovey".

She rolled her eyes before letting out a small smile. "Fine, I guess," She replied, tearing her gaze away from him. "You guess? Did something happen?" She just smiled at him before changing the topic. "Enough about me. Do you have a girlfriend now?"

"Why? Do you want to apply?" He teased, flashing her a playful smirk. She snickered, which made him look at her with mock hurt. "Ouch. Did you just snicker at me?" He asked, placing his hand on top of his chest. "Oh, did I?" She asked back, giving him an innocent look.

He huffed in slight annoyance, which made her smirk smugly. "You're unbelievable," He commented, shaking his head slightly. "Fufufu. I'll take that as a compliment?" She let out a chuckle before giving him another smile. "But seriously though, do you have a girlfriend?"

He stared straight into her eyes before shaking his head. "I don't have one." She looked at him in honest surprise. "Why?" She inquired, getting quite curious. "Because I'm waiting for someone," He replied, still staring straight at her as if he could see right through her soul.

"Why don't you make a move then?" Robin inquired, tilting her head to the side slightly. "I can't." She looked at him quizzically. "Why?" He sighed before flashing a warm smile at her. "Because she already had a boyfriend," He replied, not leaving his gaze on her.

The two fell in silence as they gazed at each other. It would be a lie if she said that she didn't knew who he was referring to. She's not dumb and he's not dumb either. She wanted to tell him to stop joking, but her words got stuck in her throat when she saw his serious expression. Her lips parted slightly when he suddenly threw her a heartwarming smile again.

"Let's go. It's already late. Let me take you home," He offered, standing up, "I'll wait for you outside." She just gave him a slight nod. He just flashed her another smile in response before leaving the cafe. What... was that? She calmed herself down, taking in deep breaths. After sucessfully calming down, she walked towards the exit and left.

~*~

"We're here," Ryan announced, turning off the engine and unbuckling his seatbelt. Robin, occupied with her train of thoughts, snapped back to reality. She hurriedly unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door, but before she could fully open the door, he got out of the car and opened the door for her. She mouthed a 'thank you' before getting out of the car.

The two walked towards her house in silence. Neither one of them wants to break it. They stopped in their tracks when they finally reached it. She turned around and smiled at him sincerely. "Thank you for today. It was nice meeting you again."

"The pleasure's all mine," He said, mirroring her expression. The two fell in silence again as they stared into each other's eyes, but it didn't end long when he suddenly averted his eyes away from her piercing ones. "Robin," He called out, making her tilt her head to the side.

"Can I see you again?" He asked, hoping for her to say yes. Robin was stunned to silence for a minute before letting out a reply. "Sure." The moment those word left her mouth, he let out a wide grin. "Really? I'll fetch you at 6 pm tomorrow." She just gave him a nod.

He slowly backed away without tearing his gaze away from her. "You'd better not change your mind," He warned playfully, which made her chuckle. He let out a chuckle too before waving his hand at her. "Goodnight, Robin. See you tomorrow," He bade, getting inside his car and drove off.

She watched his car slowly disappearing from her sight before walking inside her house. She plopped herself down on the comfy sofa and let out a tired and shaky sigh. The earlier events came rushing back to her mind, making her let out another sigh again. What the heck am I doing?

A/N: Ooh. Lookie there 👀 Anyway, I hope you'll like this chapter 😋 Have a be-you-tiful day everyone 😘💕