nijû yon

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece. If I do, I would have already made Zorobin canon (•̀•́)و

The green-haired man strode towards the glass doors with a wide grin plastered on his face. The glass doors opened automatically, allowing him to enter the building.

His co-workers, noticing the green-haired man's different aura, greeted him with uncertainty, only to be caught off guard when he greeted them back with a smile.

His co-workers' jaws fell open as they watched the back of the green-haired man casually strolling towards the elevator. Gossips about his unusual behavior immediately spread around the building and became the hot topic for every gossiper.

He just smiled and greeted at them casually, leaving his co-workers dumbfounded by the sudden change in his behavior. He immediately went inside his office and plopped down on his comfy seat, letting out a satisfied sigh.

His grin grew wider when his phone made a "ding", indicating a new message. He hurriedly fished out his phone and read the message with overflowing eagerness.

From: Robin
Have a good day at work, my dear lost mosshead. I love you? Fufufu~

His face became flustered and a beautiful smile made its way to his face when he saw the sender of the message. But his expression turned into one that's annoyed as soon as he read the message.

To: Robin
Damn you and your never-ending teasing. I love you and you're only mine, got it?

Another "ding" was heard across the room a few minutes after he sent his reply. Zoro smirked in amusement while shaking his head slowly. Well, she sure replies fast.

From: Robin
You don't have to remind me that. I'm completely yours and besides, you already own me ;)

Another blush painted his cheeks as he silently hissed and mumbled incoherent words. Damn it. This woman will be the death of me.

He was about to reply to her message when the door of his office suddenly opened with a loud bang, almost making him jolt in surprise. He turned to glare at the rude person, but froze when he saw the woman he wished not to see as much as possible.

Oh well, what luck. His glare turned even darker when he recognized her. "What are you doing here?" He bellowed, anger and annoyance evident in his tone. She looked at him in anger and scoffed at him. "You know very well why I'm here, Zoro."

"Oh, sorry to burst your bubble, Ms. Tashigi, but I won't know what your purpose is if you don't tell me. Please do enlighten me," Zoro retorted, a playful smirk making its way on his face, making her more annoyed. "Ms. Tashigi? Don't you dare test my patience."

He just shrugged and looked at her innocently, slightly tilting his head to the side. "What if I do?" Her face turned crimson red in anger as she stomped her way towards his desk and slammed both of her hands on the desk.

"Why, Zoro? WHY?!" She exclaimed, balling her hands into fists. Zoro, reaching the tip of his patience, snapped at her and growled. "Why what, Tashigi?! Spit it out already!"

She looked up at him, angry tears threatening to fall. "Why did you go back to her? I thought you..." She voiced our, her voice cracking, making her unable to finish her words. "Thought what, Tashigi? You thought I loved you?"

As soon as she heard those words, he looked up at him with eyes full of hope. Seeing those eyes made him angrier than before. He gave her his deadliest glare, making her step back in fear. "Well, guess what? I don't love you so stop pushing yourself to me already!"

A single tear escaped her eyes and another one and another one until tears started streaming down her face, unable to control it anymore. She threw him a glare before grabbing his collar, catching him off guard.

She leaned in, ready to crash her lips onto his, but before she could reach his lips, he managed to cover her lips, making her unable to kiss him. He slightly pushed her backwards, eyes glaring straight into hers.

"Stop this already, Tashigi. I don't love you. I love Robin and only her. That won't ever change. Why can't you get it?" He blurted out, his hold on her shoulders getting tighter, making her wince in pain. Noticing this, he immediately loosened his hold and let go of her shoulders.

He watched her intently as she slowly backed away while shaking her head vigorously, mumbling the same words over and over again. "No, no, no, no, no. That's not true. You'll regret this. If you can't be mine, then neither can she."

As soon as she said those words, she immediately walked out of the room, slamming the door shut. He mumbled curses under his breath as he plopped down on his seat exhausted, grabbing fists of his hair in annoyance.

A lot of thoughts ran through his head, making him hiss as he started to panic as soon as he remembered her words. He hastily dialled her number, occasionally running his free hand through his hair.

After a few seconds of ringing, she finally picked up. "Hel-" Before she could finish her greeting, he cut her off with a question. "Where are you right now?" A light chuckle was heard from the other line, making him frown. "Why are you laughing?"

Another set of chuckle rang through the phone. "Why do you sound so nervous? Did something happen?" Robin inquired, curiosity evident in her voice. He kept his mouth shut as he tried to find words to say. "It's just-" He stopped mid-sentence when a memory suddenly popped up in his mind.

Zoro wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "What if she'll try ruining our relationship again? I don't want to lose you again, Robin. I can't afford that."

Robin let out a chuckle as she placed her hands on top of his hands that are resting on her stomach. "Don't worry, she won't be able to do that again. I won't let her. We won't let her. You trust me, right?"

He smiled at her with sincerity as he tightened his hold on her waist. "Of course, I do. But..." He eyed her with worry, making her smile with reassurance. "I know. But trust and believe in me. You can do that, right?"

"Of course, that's already a given." She flashed him a smile as she turned her body towards him, facing him fully. She cupped his cheeks with her hands and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"-lo? Hello? Zoro?" He came back to reality when he heard her voice, constantly calling him. A smile made its way on his face, adorning his features. "It's nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice. I love you."

"Okay. I won't ask anymore questions if you don't want to talk about it. Just remember that I'm always here. I will never leave you. I love you." As soon as the raven-haired beauty said those words, she hanged up.

The green-haired man let out a sigh of relief as another smile creeped up on his face. Right. What am I thinking? We won't let her do it again. We will overcome this together.

"I trust you, Robin, just like how you trust me too."

A/N: An update! Yay! 😂 I'm so sorry if this chapter sucks, I was sick when I wrote this. I'm also so sorry for the long delay. I'm still stuck thinking about the final plot of my new Zorobin story and I still haven't started writing so I'm kind of experiencing writer's block rn. So please forgive me for the late update. I'll try my best to update faster. I love you sm guys ☺️💖