Moving Day.

Rozalyn's POV

"Mom?" I said.

"Yes nina (little girl)?" She glanced at me.

"Are you and dad getting divorced?" I asked uneasily, shifting a bit in my car seat.

She paused for a moment and replied hesitantly.

"...Yes, we are, but we both love you okay? Your dad and I just argue too much. It has nothing to do with you or your sister Marisela. Okay?" She gripped the driving wheel tighter.

"So this means we're moving?" I asked, frowning a bit.

She slightly nodded, keeping her eyes on the road.

"To where?" I asked.

"Compton..."

I sighed. I've heard Compton isn't the safest place to live, with all the gangs and thugs there. But I think it'll be different, I might like it there. My family doesn't have a lot of money anyways, so i'm use to living in the "ghetto". We would live in one small house with a million other relatives, but now it'll just be me and my mom. That's one change to my life...

Mini Fast Forward...

We got home and opened the door. My dad came into the living room to see who was home and shot a glare towards my mom. She didn't seem to mind.

"Pack your things and leave." My dad said harshly to my mom.

"I will, and I'm taking Rozalyn with me! Marisela would be better off here with you. Rozalyn pack your stuff, we're leaving." She said raising her voice.

I walked to my room and sighed. I started picking out all my clothes I wanted to bring.

"The school year already started though... Damn it. Now I'm going to be alone in my new school." I thought to myself as I packed my things in a suitcase. I grabbed my skateboard and walked to the living room. My mom was waiting for me at the door. I saw my sister and crouched down to her height to hug her tight.

"Don't forget me okay?" I smiled lightly at her.

She nodded cutely, and frowned.

"Don't frown, we'll still see each other. Mira... (Look) " I said.

I took off my necklace I always wear and put it around my sister's neck.

"Te quiero mucho. (I love you a lot)"

"Te amo mas! (I love you more)" Marisela said, sniffling.

I hugged her back and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I stood up and turned around.

"I'm going to miss my nina chiquita (little girl). I love you, princess." My dad said, hugging me.

"I love you too dad." I said, hugging him back.

"Mira we have to go now. It's getting late." My mom said.

I grabbed my suitcase and skateboard and walked towards my mom. I glanced back at my dad and little sister.

"I'll miss you guys! Love you!" I said as I walked out the door towards my mom's car.

We hopped in the car and I dozed off. I was tired from everything that happened today.

3 Hours Later...

"Rozalyn!" I hear a Hispanic woman say.

I feel someone shaking me and I wake up, cranky.

"What?!" I mumble, still half asleep.

"We're here!" She says excitedly.

My eyes shoot open and I looked around. The houses were small and looked old. The street was dirty, and there were a lot of Hispanics living in this neighborhood. I snickered.