Morning, Pranksters.

Rozalyn's POV

I opened one eye and was blinded by a bright light. My eyes adjusted and I turned my head to the side. My mom had her hands on her hips with a scrunched up face.

"Stop looking at me like that." I mumbled pulling the covers over my head.

I closed my eyes right before my blanket was ripped off of me and freezing water was splashed onto my face. I shot up and glared at my mom. She had an empty water bottle in her hands.

"MOM!" I yelled.

"I woke you up ten minutes ago! Why are you still in bed? Get ready now or you'll be late!" She scolded.

"Okay! Then get out of my room so I can get ready!"

"Someone seems cranky. Is it that time of the month?"

"Get out!" I yelled, pointing to the door.

She laughed and walked out the room shutting the door behind her. I hopped in the shower to rinse myself in warm water because of my mom.

Today felt like a lazy day so I just wore black sweatpants, a white t-shirt, Jake's beanie, and black vans. I grabbed his skateboard and my backpack.

My mom was sitting on the couch when I walked out my room. She was talking to someone on the phone. I wonder who it was. I stood behind the couch and leaned on it.

"Mom."

"Hm?" She said.

"I'm just going to walk to school okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine." She said.

She went back to talking on the phone. My mom would usually say something like, "Have fun!" but she didn't today. I bet the person she's talking to on the phone was some guy.

~

On my way to school I saw Jake walking alone on the other side of the street. I called out his name and he looked my way. He waved at me and just continued walking forward. He didn't seem himself so I crossed the street to talk to him and started walking next to him. I laid my hand on his left arm and he flinched from my touch.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine." He said.

"Come on Jakey. I know that's not the truth."

"It's nothing."

I stopped walking and grabbed his hand. He paused and turned around to face me. His eyes were filled with sadness and betrayal. I felt a sharp pain in my chest just looking at his eyes.

He was wearing a baseball tee. I lifted up the left sleeve of his shirt. I was startled by what I saw. There was a big black bruise just sitting there.

"What happened?!" I asked.

He rolled down his sleeve and stuffed his hands in his pocket. He avoided eye contact with me and sighed.

"If you don't want to tell me, I won't make you. I just want to know you're okay." I said with concern.

He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and I dropped the skateboard I was carrying. I wrapped my arms around his neck and frowned. I felt sorry for him even though I didn't know what he was going through.

"I'm okay now." He said quietly.

I started blushing a bit and pulled away from him.

"Uhm... Sooo." I said awkwardly.

He smiled at me and grabbed his board from the ground.

"Thanks for taking care of my baby." He said while patting his board.