{9}

It was dark and I was walking home from Pop's after dinner with Kevin when I saw Archie walking on the other side of the sidewalk. I ran across the street and stood by his side.

"Does Jughead know you blew him off for Grundy?" I asked as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"You know?" He said in shock. "How!?"

"That's not important. What's important is does Jughead know?"

"No." He said as we approached our home.

"Well he does now." I said pointing to Jughead who was sitting on our front steps. I went up the steps putting my hand on Jugheads shoulder as I walked by and then went inside.

Jugheads P.O.V

"Jug. What's up?" Archie asked nervously.

     "What's up is I saw you, Archie." I said standing up and coming closer to him. "In the music room. With Ms.Grundy."

    "Keep your voice down, my dad's inside." I said pointing to the house.    "I'm trying to help you, dude. I'm trying to be your friend here. Even though we're not anymore. How long? You and Grundy?" I demaded.

"Since the summer. I like her." He said and I scoffed.

    "So I'm guessing she's the reason you've been acting weird since summer?" I assumed.

    "One of them."

    "One of them? There's more?!"

    "We were at Sweetwater River on July 4th. We heard a gunshot. The gunshot."

    "Dude, you have to tell somebody."

"I can't. Neither can you. If people find out about Grundy-"

    " A kid is dead, Archie! And you're worried about som- Some cougar?

    "Don't call her that.  And what can you say about any of this?"

    "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

    "You and (y/n)? Jughead you barely ever looked at girls and then my sister comes around. I just expected you guys to be together for a couple weeks at most but then we stop being friends and suddenly you guys are in a super serious relationship and you are this perfect boyfriend? I'm not buying it Jug" He yelled on the last part.

    "Don't bring your sister into this okay? Her and I have nothing to do with you. This is about you being used by the music teacher." I said trying to stay calm since he just accused me of using his sister to get back at him.

    "Okay, she's not like that, she cares about me." He protested.   

"Stab in the dark. I'm guessing she cares more about herself. She's the one who's telling you not to say anything, right? Look, I saw you guys. She's messing with you, man. And she's messing with your mind." I argued.

    "What the hell do you know about it, Jughead? Or about me, even?"

    "Nothing. But I used to know this guy once. Archie Andrews. He wasn't perfect but" I sighed. "He always tried to do the right thing, at least."

    "Jug." He said grabbing my arm. "If you tell anyone about this-"

    "What? What are you gonna do?"

    "Hey, Jug." Archie Andrews said from the door with (y/n) behind him. "Coming in? We got take-out from Pop's."

    "He was just leaving." Archie said letting go of my arm and I began to walk away. I then heard quick footsteps behind me and turned around.