27

It was the night of the dance and I was in my room getting ready. I insisted that Jug got ready at the trailer so he wouldn't see me. I did my hair, changed into my dress and put my shoes on. I went downstairs to say goodbye to my parents before they left for dinner.

    "You guys still here?" I called.

    "In here." My mom called out. "Oh my god Y/n you look beautiful!" She hugged me.

    "Thanks mom."

    "Jughead is going to love it." Dad smiled.

    "Speaking of Jughead, I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you about that. What's going on with you two?"

    "We started dating a couple months after I came back. Things are really good between us." As I finished my sentence my doorbell rang. "That must be him."

    I went to open the door and on the other side I saw my boyfriend in a suit that actually fit him this time and a bouquet of red roses.

    "Juggie-"

    "You look amazing." He smiled so brightly at me.

    This was supposed to be a happy moment but for me it felt solemn. My time was running out and I could feel it crushing me. Later tonight I would learn just how little time I had.

    We went next door for the dinner and I told Alice my parents were going on a date night.

    "Betty? Can we talk for a second?" I asked.

    "Yeah of course." She said before excusing us.

    "We have to tell Jughead what you're mom is planning. I know this is so she can interrogate him." I sighed.

   "I know Y/n and I was was thinking the same thing but...Jug is so excited. I just don't want to ruin it." She frowned.

    "But I-I don't know. Maybe you're right." I shook my head. "I just hope this doesn't turn into a disaster."

    We all sat at the table and Alice spoke up.

    "So FP, Betty tells me..." Alice continued to talk but the phone that was sitting on my lap began to vibrate.

    "Excuse me I need to take this." I frantically stood up from the table and went outside where nobody could hear me. "What the fuck do you want from me?"

    "You're pushing the clock Y/n."

    "You never told me when."

    "You know you're on borrowed time? Remember what I told you?"

     "What am I even supposed to say?"

     "You're a smart girl, you'll figure it out."

    With that the call ended and I was left outside in the cold. I couldn't stand to go back inside. I sat and waited. Finally everyone came outside and I stood up.

   "You okay Y/n? You've been out here forever." Jughead practically ran to me.

    "Yeah Jug I'm fine." I put on a fake smile. "I was about to come in. Ethel called me, said a strand of nights broke so I was trying to give her directions over the phone about where the extras were and then they weren't there and well you get the point." I chuckled.

    "Yeah, don't worry. Word War 3 almost broke out in there." He put his arm around me.

    FP drove me and Jug to the dance. We pulled up and front of the school and Jughead helped me out of the truck.