{11}

I quickly went threw the halls searching for Archie.

"What's the rush (y/n)" Jughead said behind me.

"Where is Archie?" I asked him.

"Probably in the lounge with everyone else" He answered.

"Great, thanks Jug" I said before leaving him in the hall completly and utterly confused.

"Archibald may we talk." I said peeking my head inside the lounge.

"Um... yeah" He said standing up and walking to me. "What's up?" He asked as I pulled him away from the door.

"You are so lucky!" I said hitting him in the arm.

"What?" He asked in shocked.

"I had Vegas on July Forth Arch."

"I thought you stayed home?" He said looking at me with wide eyes.

"I took him on a walk at 6 am" I lied. "So you obviously didn't have him. And you are so lucky I didn't tell Keller that or you would be screwed"

"Woah (y/n) calm down."

"No Archie. We both know what you were actually doing on July Forth so don't let anyone else find out." I said hitting him again and turned around to go to class.

"Do you feel better?" Jughead said jogging up to me.

"Much" I responded.

"Betty wants to see us in Blue and Gold offices." He said leading me to our destination.

"If print journalism is dead, what are we doing here?" Jughead asked Betty as we entered the old and dusty room.

"The Blue and Gold isn't dead." She said swiping her finger across one of the type writers. "It's just dormant. But waking up. You're writing a novel right? About Jason Blossoms murder?"

"I am" He replied. "Riverdale's very own In Cold Blood."

"Which started out as a series of articles. I'm hoping you'll come right for the Blue and Gold." She said.

"I just don't think the school paper is a right fir for my voice." He debated.

"Jason's death changed Riverdale. People don't want to admit that, but it's true. We all feel it. Nothing this bad was ever supposed to happen here, but it did. I want to know why?"

"Would I get complete freedom?" He asked.

"I'll help, and edit and suggest. But it's your story, It's your voice."

"Doesn't sound like complete freedom." He joked. "But I'm in."

"Why am I here?" I interupted.

"I want you to help too." Betty said to me.

"Elaborate"

"We need photos for headers and other things. Also I have English with you, you can write so I want you to help write and investigate" She explained.

"I've got noting else better to do." I sighed.

"Okay great! Um, in that case, I have your first assignment. There is one person who was at the river on July 4th that no one is talking about."

"Dilton Doiley and his scouts." I pointed out.

"Exactly" She said.

_________