{17}

I walked outside of the police station from the back doors where I saw my family and Jughead go outside. I found Betty, Archie and my father standing in an awkward circle and I soon found the reason for their uncomfort. FP Jones was there with Jughead saying something that I could barely hear. Jughead shook his head and FP let out a soft laugh.

    "All right" He smiled before walking back to where he came from. Jughead turned back to us, he sniffle and wiped his nose. His green eyes were puffy and surrounded by red. I immediately jogged up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck (I had to stand on my toes to reach him but it was fine). His arms wrapped tightly around my waist, he clinged onto me in a way he had never done before. I pulled away and saw his eyes were down at his feet. I put my hand on his chin and forced his eyes to meet mine. He gave me one soft kiss before he but his hand on my lower back and lead my back to the house. We walked for a while with Archie and my father following not far behind.

    "What did Keller talk to you about?" Jughead finally asked.

    "It was nothing just some stuff we were talking about at dinner the other night." I smiled, trying to hide my lie.

    "Why are you lying to me?" He asked. I was taken off guard by his bluntness and let out a grim chuckle.

    "He asked about the murder board. I just didn't want to worry you with things you don't need to worry about."

    "Don't worry about me." He said wrapping his arm around my waist.

________________________________

"Looks like you've done this before." Archie told my dad as he made a time sheet to cover up for Jugheads alibi.

"FP's got his tricks I got mine. Maybe I should have given him a chance back then but either way Jughead doesn't deserve what's happening to him" He sighed.

    "Archie... could you um.." I said locking eyes with my brother.

    "Yeah of course." He said and walked out of the trailer.

    "Dad I know we haven't really talked about the other night yet an-"

    "(Y/n) I'm sorry. You are Archie were I right, like I said I should have helped FP back then. I never realized how much trouble it has caused."

    "Dad I'm sorry that I just left the other night but I heard what happened and I had to talk to Jughead." I said as tears began to fill my eyes.

"I know, I know, you were looking out for him. I'm sorry I threatened to keep you two apart Jughead is a good kid. Your two are amazing together." Those words were something I didn't realize I have been dying to hear but when he said it I felt some type of wholeness. I love my father so much and I knew he really liked Jughead but I was never sure how happy he was about him being my boyfriend. I hugged my father tightly and he returned the favor.

________________________________

I along with the rest of the gang plus Polly sat in Pop's waiting for the Blossoms to arrive. Cheryl and her parents weren't supposed to come for nearly 10 more minutes so I thought now would be the perfect time to talk with Betty.

"Hey um, Bets could we talk...alone?"

"Um yeah of corse." She looked confused but still got up and walked to a booth of the other side of the diner. "What's up."

"Listen I don't want Polly to know anything about what happened with Jason and I."

"Don't you think she should know?" Betty asked.

"Betty, Jason is dead and Polly still has this perfect image of him in her mind and I don't eat to ruin that for her." I explained Betty nodded.

"She'll find out." Betty said quietly. "People should know." She said getting slightly louder.

"Betty." I warned. "Nobody needs to know anything. You, Veronica, Kevin, Ethel and Cheryl know I really think that's enough."

"What about your family? Or your Boyfriend?" She said louder. "Shouldn't they know."

"Jughead knows! I didn't want him to know either but you and Veronica just had to make it a big deal!"

    "BECAUSE IT IS A BIG DEAL." She practically screamed. This caught Jugheads attention, he sat up and quickly walked over to us.

    "Hey guys not now." He said as quietly as possible.

    "Leave it alone Jug!" I yelled at him. He was caught off guard and his eyes went wide.

    "No." Betty said standing up and wrapping her arm around Jugheads bicep. It was just a friendly thing but it really kinda pissed me off.

    "This has nothing to do with him!" I argued.

    "This has everything to do with him!" She scolded. "He had every right to know."

    "No no no Betty don't. Don't do this! Not here not now. Not with her." He quickly realized what we were arguing about.

    "You just let her pretend like things are normal." She said facing Jughead. "Guess what Jug! This isn't normal! She's not normal, you aren't normal this whole town isn't normal so stop pretending it is."

    "Betty" Jughead shook his head.

    "Doesn't it just make your blood boil to think what Jason did to her!" She whisper yelled.

    "Yes! It does, it makes me want to kill the son of a bitch but now is not the time." He snapped.

   The bell rang on the door of Pops as Cheryl entered by herself. Betty ran to Polly's side once again and Jughead and I sat there in silence.

    "Did you just accept me to be fine with it." Jughead spoke up.

     "I'm fine with it." I said. His eyes became glossy and mine did the same.

    "No (y/n) you're not! You still have moments when you flinch with me. You still get panicky when you see the football team. That isn't what fine is."

    "Jug are we really gonna have this conversation in the middle of Pops?" I lowered my voice.

    "I'll stop my your house tonight." He ran his hands down my arms and held my hands.

    "Yeah okay." I buried my head in his chest and let one small tear escape my eyes. He wrapped one of his arms around my and the other on the back of my head. Even though we had just fought and we were going to fight again. I could have sat there forever.

Word Count: 1097

Dedicated to: Mazerunner6705 💙💛💙 Your comments made me laugh so much and it makes me so so happy you're enjoying the story and want more so this chapter is for you and I hope you enjoy it💙 love you!!