30

I woke up with Jughead in my bed. He had spent the night, just spent the night. I sat up and stretched out my arms. I had woken up early so I left Jughead to sleep.

    I went to my bathroom and brush my teeth then my hair and went to get dressed. I opened my bedroom door, careful not to wake my sleeping boyfriend and slipped out. I went down the steps and saw my dad in the kitchen.

    "Hey dad." I said as I put on my shoes and grabbed my backpack.

    "What do you think you're doing?" He asked.

    "Getting ready for school. I was gonna leave early so I could get the work that I missed."

    "Yeah, no." He said.

    "What?"

    "Y/n, twenty four hours ago the whole town thought you killed Jason Blossom." He spoke sternly and seriously. "And now they all know about..."

    "They already knew." I fought back. "Chuck Clayton told everyone."

    "He what!" My father almost yelled.

    "It's whatever dad." I shrugged. "But I don't want to just disappear. I don't want to pretend like nothing happened."

    "This isn't up for debate Y/n!" He yelled. "Go back to your room."

    "Ugh." I groaned and stomped up the stairs. When I went back to my room my bed was empty, the bathroom door was closed and the light was on.

    I quietly move to the far end of my room that was still a mess from when Keller and his guys searched it. I opened up my window. I put one leg on the ledge on the other side and started to duck out when I heard a voice.

    "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Jughead stood in the bathroom door frame with his arms crossed.

    "Please Jug." I pleaded.

    "What did your dad say?"

    "No." I answered softly.

    "So no." He told me.

    "Juggie please, don't say anything. If something happens I'll come home." I begged. "Just forget you saw me." He sighed.

    "Forget I saw what?" He spoke hesitantly.

    "You're the best Jug!" I smiled and then climbed down.

    I put my hood up and my head down as I made my way all the way to school. Once I got inside I put down my hood and went to my locker. I saw a girl at my locker ripping things off the door. When I got closer I saw it was Cheryl, taking off notes and newspaper clippings from the door.

    "Cheryl?" I asked and she jumped. "What are you doing?"

    "I didn't want you to see what they did." She looked me dead in the eyes. "You didn't kill my brother."

    I smiled and ran to her. I wrapped my arms around her and she wrapped hers around mine.

    "I'm so sorry for what daddy said to you." She cried.

    "It's fine Cheryl. It's okay."

    "I'm sorry for crashing your hobo boyfriends party." She said something mean but she said it kindly and she was crying. "And I'm sorry for the things I said about you when I thought you did it."

    "It's okay Cher." We finally pulled away. She nodded and left.

Jughead's POV

    Archie and Veronica had just made their anticlimactic announcement that they were 'dating'.

    "Where is Y/n?" Kevin asked. "As her best friend it's my obligation to ask."

    "What?" Betty asked. "I'm her best friend."

    "Sorry Bets, Kevin is definitely her best friend." I smirked. "And Weatherbee thought it would be better if she didn't have lunch in here-" I started but stopped when I saw Y/n walk through the door.

    Every eye was on her and she casually walk over to us.

    "Hey guys." She smiled. "Hey babe." She placed a kiss on my cheek before sitting between me and Kevin.

    "What happened to not eating in the cafeteria?" Kevin asked.

    "I got bored eating alone." She shrugged.

    "Where were you eating?" Archie questioned.

    "Blue and Gold." She spoke before dropping a stack of papers on the table. "Writing this."

    Betty grabbed the papers and flipped through them.

    "Oh my god Y/n. I was just saying I was going to write about this. Can I publish this? It would be great to put your words out there."

    "Yeah of course." She nodded.

    This is gonna go bad.

Word Count:722

I'm sorry this is so short