31

I was talking with my dad in the kitchen when the door bell rang.

"I got it." I said before going to my front door and opening it.

"Hi, my name is Miss. Weiss from Social Services. May I come in?" She said sweetly.

"Uh yeah sure." I stepped aside so she could come in.

"Fred Andrews?" She asked my dad.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Hi, I'm Forsythe's case worker."

"His name is Jughead." I said kind of rudely.

"Jughead. My mistake." She smiled to me.

"Y/n, how about you go to your room?" My father asked. I nodded and proceeded up the steps when I heard him talk again. "Sorry about her. She and Jughead are kind of a thing so this is a sore spot for her." I didn't want to here anymore so I went to my room and closed the door.

I was working on homework when the door opened.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I smirked at my boyfriend. "I could have been changing or something."

"If only I were so lucky." He smirked. "So I assume you heard about Ms. Weiss."

"Do you have to leave?" I asked sadly.

"I'm going to a foster family." He nodded. "And I'm gonna go to Southside high."

"What?" I yelled.

"Maybe it's a good idea." He shrugged.

"It's not!"

"It's okay, don't worry about it. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

It was the next day and I was about to headed to my locker to grab my lunch. When I got there I saw a crowd around my locker. I pushed through and what I saw made me freeze. 'Go to hell serpent slut' was painted in red over the newspaper article I wrote that Betty published. There was a little doll with y/c/h handing from a noose. I was frozen in shock and had no idea what to do until Jughead stepped in front of it. I tried to read past him but he stopped me.

"Y/n, hey, no." He pulled my reaching arms down.

"It's think Jug, it's just a jerk with a can of spray paint." I continued to fight him.

"I don't think that's spray paint, okay?" He looked me in the eyes before pulling my head into his chest and shielded my eyes. He pushed through the crowd and led me into an empty classroom. "Y/n-"

    "It's fine Jug." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

    "Why did you publish that article?"

    "It's nothing Jughead!" I argued.

"Y/n." He said softly. "Why are you protecting my dad?"

"Because Jughead!" I yelled. "He didn't kill Jason, just like I didn't kill Jason but this whole town wants to blame anyone but that psychopath for it!"

"My dad did something Y/n, you didn't!"

"But who's blaming Clifford Blossom for it?" I yelled. "Who's blaming him for threatening a teenager? Who's blaming him for threatening my family and my friends and... and you Juggie." I cried.

"Hey, hey, come here." He wrapped me in a tight hug. "Is that what this is about? You're angry with Clifford."

"We would have killed you Jug." I sobbed into his chest. "I couldn't let him."

"So you were going to go to jail, maybe for the rest of your life... for me?" He looked into my eyes. He wanted me to respond but I couldn't. I didn't know what to say so instead I leaned in and placed a slow passionate kiss on his lips.

His hand went to my jaw so the tips of his fingers were in my hair and his other hand went to my waist to pull me closer. My hands pulled gently on the hair sticking out of the bottom of his beanie.

He gently pushed me onto a desk and deepened the kiss.

"Woah sorry guys." Ronnie's voice said from the other side of the room.

    "It's fine Ronnie." I stepped away from Jug. "What's up?"

    "Archie wanted me to ask if you're okay." She spoke.

    "Yeah I'm fine but-" I began.

    "But I think I'm just gonna take her home." Jug placed his hand on the small of my back.
Ronnie nodded and Jug and I left.

    The snow was so thick and tall I didn't know if I could make it through. Not even my thick winter coat could block out the cold. My breath turned into big white clouds in front of me. Jugs hand wrapped in mine was the only heat source. We walked in silence until he finally sighed.

    "As long as you're with me, you're writing articles about me and my dad, troubles just gonna keep coming at you from all sides."

    "It's just one jerk." I shook my head.

    "It's not just one jerk." He disagreed. "It's Mayor McCoy. It's Sheriff Keller. It's Weatherbee. It's Social Services. It's the entire multiverse telling me I don't belong here so why don't I just do everyone a fav-" 

    "Hey, hey." I cut him off and turned him to face me. "You belong here just as much as anyone else. This is your home." I placed my hand on the side of his face but he wouldn't meet my eyes. "You know that, right?"

    "Yeah." He said unconvincingly. He tried to walk again but my hand on his face stopped him. "Yes." He said again. I nodded and we continued to walk.

"Are you going to the Jubilee?" He asked.

"Yeah, no." I laughed. "Not after...well everything."

Word Count: 920