{13}

"I'm sorry but the Twilight drive-in? It's a blights that's become a cesspool, and a hangout for criminals and transients, and the deal is done." Mayor McCoy explained. "Andrews Construction is scheduled to demolish the lot on Monday." She finished. Jughead shot me an angry look then looked back a McCoy.

"Mayor McCoy, when I was a kid, my family and I would go to the Drive-In all the time. We couldn't afford tickets for everyone, so my sister Jellybean and I would hide in the trunk until we parked. We would sneak out." He chuckled softly. "It's like my home." He pleaded.

    "That's a very sweet sentiment Mr. Jones, but the future of Riverdale is at stake." Jughead stood up form his seat and began to walk out.

    "Thank you for your time Mayor McCoy" I smiled following him out.

    "Your Dad is demolishing the Twilight?" He huffed.

    "I swear Jughead I had no clue." I said grabbing his hand as we walked to as I assume the Andrews Construction trailer.

    "Your Dad really said nothing about it." He said unconvinced. I stopped walking causing Jughead to stop too.

    "Jughead I had no idea." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He took a deep breath and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

    "I'm sorry" He sighed.

    "It's fine, now lets go interrogate my dad"

______

    "Mayor McMoy says you won the contract to tear down the Drive-In" Jughead said when we entered the trailer.

    "I did" He responded flatly. "Look, I'm sorry Jughead. I know how much you love the Twilight, and so do I-"

    "Mr. Andrews, just give me one week to track down who bought the land, and convince them not to demolish a holy house of cinema." He pleaded.

    "It's a big contract for me, Jug, and for my guys. Whatever they build in the place of the drive-in could mean more jobs" He explained.

"Yeah, in what? Some hypothetical future?" Jughead yelled. I had never seen him this mad before. " You put one Jones out of work, why don't you put out another, huh?" Well this is awkward.

"Jug, your dad was taking materials from one of our job sites. I had to let him go." God this is really awkward.

"Right. You did what you had to do, like you're doing here now." He scoffed. "Later."

"I'll be out in a second" I told Jughead putting my hand on his arms reassuringly.

"You gotta control your Boyfriend." My Dad chuckled.

"I've been trying." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Is he always like that?" He asked getting up and getting another cup of coffee.

"Not normally." I say leaning against the counter. "Do you know who bought it?" I asked quietly.

"No" He said looking down at me. "You like him a lot?"

"What? No. I mean yes. It would be bad if I didn't" I chuckled.

"Yeah it would" He chuckled. "I can tell you hate how upset he is and I wish I could help but you know there is nothing I can do."

"Yeah I know dad." I said shutting the door behind me. Jughead was pacing in front of the trailer looking down .

"This is Bullshit" He said looking up at me.