{16}

The next morning I woke up late so when I checked my phone I saw a text from Jughead.

Jughead: Good morning. I stopped by your house but you were asleep so I left. I'll be working on the board before first period if you wanna stop by.

I responded quickly telling him that I would see him there then got dressed. I threw my bag over my shoulder and hurried down the steps to see Archie had left and my father at the table.

"Want Breakfast?" He asked looking up at me.

"No, I'm good." I said while exiting the front door and closing it behind me.

I entered the doors of the school and headed to my locker when I saw Betty and Archie talking by Betty's locker.

"Hey Arch, thanks for leaving without me this morning." I said walking up to them.

"I thought you left with Jug." He said.

"Speaking of Jughead, have you seen him." I said but their attention went to something behind me.

"(Y/n)" Betty said as she put her grabbed my arm and turned me around.

I turned around to see Officer Keller and Wetherbee escorting Jughead down the hall. All eyes were on Jughead who looked worried and frantic.

"Call my Dad" He told us.

"Yeah, of course." I said in shock. "I'm gonna go with him."

"What do you want me to say is people ask why your gone?" Archie asked.

"I don't know, say I got sick or something." I said before running after them.

__________

"Hey Mr. Jones it's (Y/n), um Jughead got pulled down into the station to be questioned. My Dad will be here soon but please some as soon as possible" I said leaving another voicemail for FP, before Mr. Keller came out of the interrogation room.

"Jughead is not helping himself" He sighed. "You wanna talk to him? Maybe get him to talk?"

"Yeah I'll try my best but..." I stopped.

"What is it Y/n)?"

"Mr. Keller, Jughead didn't do it, he could never do anything like that." I pleaded.

"(Y/n) he, from what we can infer was bullied by Jason and with his past it's not the most far fetched idea."

"So you're gonna arrest him because he got bullied by a dead kid? C'mom you've met him he's different from all of the block head kids in this town, he wears the same hat every day he goes by Jughead and he's a Southsider, what do you expect?"

"He won't give us an alibi either and without that well we can't get him outta here."

"I'll talk to him." I said and he gestured towards the room Jughead was in. I walked into the room to see Jughead sitting down at a table looking down at his hands. Even after I closed the door and sat down he still didn't look up.

"I didn't do it, (Y/n) you gotta believe me." He finally said.

"Of course I believe you Jug, you could never do that." I said, putting my hands with his.

"Those Paradise Lost kids went to death row because they wore black and they listened to Metallica. I don't wanna become a scapegoat"

    "I'm not gonna let that happen." I said tightening my grip around his hands. "The little amount evidence they have against you is circumstantial and quite honestly far fetched. We are gonna get you outta here."