21

I followed quickly behind Archie as he angrily walked to the the Pembrooke.

    "Archie stop!" I yelled behind him. He stopped and you saw his entire body tense up.

    "Aren't you mad that he's a Serpent?" Archie turned around.

    "No!" I yelled. "I'm not! I don't care about the Serpents or the Southside, Archie! And even if I did, FP is serpent. Not Jughead!"

    "Why didn't he tell us!" He yelled more angrily than he ever had.

    "Yeah because of exactly what's happening now!" I pointed out. "He didn't want you to be pissed."

    "Well I am." He turned around and busted through the doors of the Pembrooke. He went up to Veronica's apartment, took a deep breathe and went in. I came in closely behind him whispering for him to stop.

    "You were protecting him." Archie whispered to Jughead. "That's why you didn't tell me."

    "Relax." Jughead whispered. "What happened?"

    "Did you know that Jughead's father is a Serpent?" He looked at the rest of us.

    "No." Betty said softly.

    "That's why he tried to stop me from going to the bar, so I wouldn't find out." He glared. "After everything my dad has done for you Archie."

    "I can explain, okay?" Jug tried.

    "But not right now." Ronnie interjected. This is Polly's day, so you two need to check yourselves. I mean it."

    "Archie." Juggy said softly.

    "No, save it." Archie said before walking away with Ronnie and Betty.

    "I'm so sorry Juggy I tried to stop him." I looked at him sadly. "The only reason I went to that bar was to stop him from finding your dad but I messed up." 

    "Hey, hey, it's fine Y/n . Come here." He said pulling me in for a hug. 

    Polly had finished opening the rest of her gifts. Everyone had left and Juggy went to talk to Betty and I went to talk to Polly.

    "Um, hey Polly." I said to her.

    "Hey Y/n." She smiled at me. "What's up." 

    "I just wanted to say congratulations." I told her. "About the baby, or babies I heard."

    "Yeah." She laughed. "Crazy huh?" 

    "Yeah definitely." I laughed softly.

    "Y/n, are you okay?" Polly said placing a hand on my arm.

    "Polly, I need to tell you something." Tears filled my eyes. I had to tell her.

    "Yeah of course. Come on let's sit down." She said moving over to the couch. "What's wrong?"

    "Polly, a couple summers ago when I came down to visit, I uh, I met Jason. I was down at Sweetwater River and Jason came along and he was really drink and-"

    "Y/n I don't care if you and him were ever together." She told me.

    "No, that's not it." I cried softly.

    "Jason he- he raped me." I said softly.

    "What!" She stood up. "No that's impossible... he would never."

    "Listen Polly he wasn't in his right mind and he didn't even remember the next day. He saw me in Pop's and told me that was the only time we would ever 'hook up'" I scoffed.

    "He would never hurt anyone!" 

    "Polly. You don't have to believe me but I have to tell you. Nothing justifies what Jason did, but I'm not angry. And you shouldn't be either."

    "I'm so sorry Y/n." She said softly.

    "Polly-" I cried harder.

    "Y/n?" I saw Jughead standing behind Polly. He looked hurt to see me cry. "Baby are you okay?"

    "I'm fine Jug." I wiped away my tears. "I'll see you later Polly." 

    It all became way too much. I never liked being upset around Juggy. His life was tragic enough he didn't need to make it worse with mine. I liked being strong around him. I rushed out the door of the Pembrooke. Once I made it safely into the empty parking lot out side. I broke. I fell to my knees. Everything seemed real again. Since I met Jason I pretended I never did, I pretended that he was just the poor boy that was found in the river with a bullet in his head. But I couldn't pretend anymore.

Word Count: 790

    Okay so I know that this is so much shorter than any other chapter I've ever made. I leave for vacation tomorrow and I wanted to have a chapter ready to upload on Wednesday like normal but since this is so short and I've unfortunately run out of time I am uploading this now and I'll hopefully have another chapter up by the end of the week to make up for the lack of length. My other book (City of Serpents which is up now and you should check it out if you haven't, I am absolutely in love with it) will still upload on schedule.