Chapter 15

I wake up every morning with 11 black roses 1 red one stuck right in the middle. Can you guess who they're from? Yeah him. Big surprise there. He is still trying to talk to me but I still ignore him unless it's training related. I've talked to Phillip about my theory about Ethan and he was already on it. He was kinda disappointed I didn't think of it earlier but I told him it was on my mind since it happen but I didn't want to bring in case he thought I was being paranoid but he said he would never think that. So now we have beefed up security. He has changed password add more security cams changed hideout locations everything that Ethan knows Phillip has changed it all.

"You know your going to have to give in sooner or later and have a real conversation with me." he says looking down at me as I lay on the ground staring at the stars. I didn't even hear him come up.

"Later. Much later."

"You can't avoid me forever."

"Doing a damn good job of it aren't I?"

"I suppose so." he sighs. "Come on talk to me."

"I am now aren't I?"

"A normal conversation and no snarky remarks."

"If I didn't do snarky remarks then it wouldn't be a normal conversation would it?"

"That's just your way of telling me to fuck off."

"You learn well grasshoppa."

"Well I'm not going to this time. I've given you space. Now it's your turn to listen to me."

"Blah blah blah. There I listened." he straddles my waist and arms so I can't get free.

"No you need to let me explain."

"No you need to let me go." god I hate how calm I said that. Ugh. I want to scream so bad. He presses his lips to mine for a few seconds.

"Listen." he whispers against my lips.

"To what? To how you rejected me?"

"To everything." maybe if I let him 'tell' me his bullshit story he'll leave me alone.

"Fine." I sigh rolling my eyes.

"I panicked." I roll my eyes again at this. "I know lame excuse but I did. I was actually excited after I got over the initial shock of finding out you were my mate. Then at lunch that day everybody was talking how they would never be friends with your mate so I panicked. I didn't want to lose my friends. So yeah I rejected you. But as I was saying those words it was killing me. I went to your house after school to talk to you. To beg for your forgiveness if I had to but you shifted and was gone. I waited for you for three days but you were nowhere to be seen."

"You never looked for me."

"That's we're your wrong. I did at first by myself then some of the packed looked but your dad said you were throwing a fit and you would come back. So the pack stopped." he says getting off of me but taking my hand so I don't run. Holy hell that's some major electrocution going on. "but I keep looking then Seth joined me. You my sneaky girl got away from us. How you got in the total opposite direction of where your scent was is beyond me but I did look. Even after they said you were dead." he really looked for me. They both did. I know Seth said he did but I figured he was blowing smoke up my ass. But now even Declan said it. "I looked for about three, four months until I decided you would come home when you were ready. You needed time away but weeks went by then months then years. I didn't know what else to do. I never thought about looking in the opposite direction."

"So now all your friends think I'm hot I'm worth having now."

"I don't care what they think. I should have never listened to them. If they were going to ditch me because of who my mate was then they weren't my friends at all."