Chapter 1

Isabelle could feel two strong arms carrying her with absolute care, but she couldn't seem to open her eyes. She felt tired and wanted to stay in those arms forever, as it was taking her to an unknown destination.    

      "Remember that I love you and I will always be with you." A voice filled with love told her, but she wasn't able to place the voice to anyone she knew. When she could finally open her eyes to see who it was, the figure holding her vaporized into thin air, dropping Isabelle into a never ending darkness. 

      "Nooooooo!!!!" Isabelle woke up screaming with tears running down her face, sweat in her forehead, and hands in the air. She's been having this dream for a week now. She would always wake up screaming and find herself alone in her room. She reached for some tissues on her side table and wiped her tears and calmed herself telling that it was just a dream. When she saw the time, it was 4 in the morning and now that she knew she couldn't sleep again, she changed her pajamas into black running clothes and put her black wavy hair in a high pony. 

      Isabelle stepped out in the halls of the Institute, which had woodwork on the walls and tiled floors and small size chandeliers lighting the way. These were one of the times Isabelle loved the most, no sound no people, and a comforting silence which meant everything was fine, at least for now. She soon found her way out and was welcomed by fresh cold air. She let out her breath that she didn't even realize was holding and started walking towards the Riverside Park, which was a half hour walk away from the Institute. 

      Isabelle jogged slowly on the pavement letting the light breeze of cold air hug her. When she turned a corner, she saw a group of puppies huddled with each other to keep the cold out. She untied her blue jacket from her hip, which she had taken just in case it was extra chilly. She straightened it out and slowly put it on top of the puppies and watched them snuggle into it. One puppy, who seemed to be beagle puppy, opened its eyes. Isabelle kneeled down to look at it, and it jumped into her laps, making itself comfortable in Isabelle's velvet like tights. 

      "Aww, hey there little there guy," she said with a smile to the puppy while stroking his fur. He wagged his tiny tail and Isabelle took him in her hands looked at his tiny eyes, his tiny nose, and his ears, which were black on top, but brown on the bottom. For some reason, he looked different than the rest of the puppies under her jacket. She kissed his tiny nose and put him down with the rest of the puppies. "Goodbye, little prince," Isabelle said while she stood up and waved to the little puppy and started to jog towards Riverside Park.