Chapter 28

"Here's the truth you were hiding." Isabelle felt like someone just punched her in her guts when she saw the videotape. Raphael had his hand around Isabelle as if he was never going to let go of her. 

"Tha...t isn't me." She struggled to say to her brother while looking at herself on the terrace in Raphael's arms because she knew it was her. The thing that she couldn't understand is why she couldn't remember a single fragment of the night. She couldn't remember how or when Raphael came on the terrace or that he was even holding her. Isabelle was trying furiously to search her mind to understand something.....anything. 

Raphael was stroking Isabelle's hair and whispering something to her, which Alec leaned in closer to listen but couldn't. "What is he saying?" Not only Alec wanted to know the answer, so did Isabelle. Watching closely to the screen, Isabelle saw Raphael hold her face with two hands and raised it till his lips touched her forehead and both Alec and Isabelle's faces were struck with a feeling of confusion. "Isabelle... How could you let him touch you like that? I thought you were better than this-" 

"Alec! Can you like be quiet for a second. By the angels, I am telling you I don't remember anything from last night and you won't even believe me. Good lord!" She snapped at her brother and the whole room went quiet for a minute except the buzzing of the computers. Everyone was staring at her and she continued looking at the screen in front of her. Alec also followed his sister and ignored the stares and looked at his sister and the vampire clan leader in each other's arms on the screen. 

Raphael held Isabelle's face with two hands and Isabelle unintendedly touched her cheek by her face trying to feel the warmth she would have felt. Isabelle was wide awake now, and she was looking straight at Raphael as if she were under his spell. He was whispering, no he was commanding something. "Alec, can you increase the volume." Alec increased the volume and they could only hear small fragments but was enough to understand everything. "Forget that I came and any of this happened."

Isabelle expected herself to object or say something but instead, she just sat like a rock looking at Raphael and nodding her head. She felt disgustful of herself that she didn't say anything. And slowly Isabelle's eyes closed and Raphael slowly rested her head on the ground and jumped off the terrace.... 

Alec was glaring at the screen with disbelief but tried not to show it. "You got compelled." She felt betrayed that her memory was manipulated without her permission and a memory that she would have thought about every day. 

"Alec, can you please send that to me?" Without any question, he shared it and both walked out the room without saying another word to each other. "Can this be only between us for now, I will tell Jace and Clary later. I just need to do some........stuff." 

"Izzy where are you goi-" He tried to stop her but Isabelle had stormed off and Alec understood where she was going, but he knew she wouldn't stop if he told her no. 

In no time, she found herself in front of Hotel Dumort staring at the old-fashioned walls and the huge sign which said the name in red, probably with blood. Even with all the anger, her stomach felt uneasy, she wanted to talk to Raphael, but she didn't want to enter the hotel again. Izzy, just go in. It's only a hotel. "A vampire hotel." She said back to herself. After a minute of breathing in and out, she finally took one step towards the hotel, then another one, and kept going until she was right in front of the door that she went through the last time. You made it this far, you just need to make it through the door. She brought out her stele and drew the rune on the door, and it burst open. 

"Viola." She blew off the invisible smoke from the top of her stele and slid inside. Before she forgot, she took out her witchlight that always carried in the hidden pocket in her jacket. She eventually made she remembered the way to the door. As quietly as possible, she walked up to the door and drew the same rune on the door as well.

And before she knew it she was surrounded by vampires all staring at her with their fangs out. As a reflex, she got out her sword from her boots and pointed it against the group of vampires and they all stepped back with the quick action.

"Well, well, calm down everyone, she's our guest. Relax." From the back of the whole crowd, a familiar voice spoke out. The vampires still hissed at Isabelle. "I said, she's MY guest." Raphael stated louder and the vampires went back and disappeared into thin air. Now it was only Raphael and Isabelle alone in the room.

"Hello, Isabelle, pleasant surprise. Sorry about what just happened right now, they smelled shadowhunter blood, so they got ready." Raphael took a step forward towards Isabelle and she didn't move an inch.

"At least, they smelled me coming." Isabelle scoffed.

"Excuse me?" Isabelle could tell he was lying.

"Don't act as if you don't know Raphael, cause I know you know."

"Wait, I don't know what you know, but you know I know? What are you saying? Isabelle, are you okay?" Raphael tried to put a hand on her shoulder, but she flicked it off of her and walked to the couches in the room.

"I know that you were with me yesterday night in the terrace at the Institute."