Chapter 13

"Before you guys leave, I would like to talk to Isabelle. Alone." After those words came out of Raphael's mouth, Isabelle's head rose and looked right into Raphael's eyes. For a second, she could see the warm, brown eyes that looked at her yesterday. But, she shook the feeling off releasing that he is a vampire. A bloodsucking vampire. "I won't bite," Raphael added with a smirk.

"Very funny," Jace mockingly said. "Izzy, do you want to?" Jace asked with cautiously. Isabelle thought for a couple of seconds before answering.

"Fine," Isabelle answered while straightening her posture and going towards Raphael.

"Thank you," Raphael said as Isabelle came near him.

"Get it over with," Isabelle replied back, with her head looking everywhere except at him.

"Yes mam," Raphael assured and did a mock salute to her. Raphael and Isabelle started with their backs towards the others Raphael's hand on the back of Isabelle, as he leads her.

"Don't touch her," Alec shouted and the hand fell from Isabelle's back. Isabelle could feel how embarrassed Raphael was with that and almost laughed but held it in.

They entered a room and when Isabelle looked at it, she was shocked. "Woah." Isabelle quietly exclaimed. The room had a huge chandelier which let out golden light, which sparkled the golden swirls wallpaper on the walls. There were 4 long velvet touch couches that were placed 2 on each side of the room, facing each other. There was also a large glass cabinet that took one fourth of the room, which contained rows of exquisite looking drinks and champagne glasses. And lastly, there was a medium size study desk, which held some files and other stationary things.

"Be careful, your eyes might come out of its sockets." Raphael let out a chuckle and without realizing, Isabelle was looking at the room with her eyes and mouth wide open. She immediately returned back to normal and realization of her surroundings.

"So, what did you want me for?" Isabelle asked even though she knew the answer.

"I know you might be having millions of questions because I do." Raphael replied desperately trying to get the attention of Isabelle, as she was trying to escape it.

"Raphael, you are taking this too seriously. I have known you for 1 day. 1 day! It's not even a big deal. I hid from you that I am a shadowhunter because of rules, and you did the same. We both were following rules." Isabelle calmly said while looking at Raphael and meant every word. And Raphael was also listening to her attentively, while sitting on the arm of one of the couch, watching Isabelle with great interest.

"Um. Okay, then. Now that you cleared everything between us. Would you..." Raphael hesitated and bit his lip, and looked away from Isabelle's eyes. Isabelle found that cute.

"Would I?" Isabelle encouraged him to complete his question.

"Would you like to be my amigo?" Raphael asked quickly and looked down at his shoes."I mean I would understand if you don't want to be. I mean like, it's totally stupid. I don't even know why I asked that. I am an idiot. You should probably go, your friends are waiting for you outside. They would be worried about you." Raphael stopped talking with Isabelle came near him and touched his shoulder.

"Actually, I would love to be your friend." Raphael looked up to Isabelle and a smile came over his face.

"Oh, good to hear that, friend. So can I call you Izzy then?" Raphael asked her with the smile still on his face and Isabelle still close to him.

"Not that quick. You have to earn to call me by that name." Isabelle told and Raphael let out a laugh. "Now, can you please tell me the way back." She requested.

"Sure thing, boss," Raphael replied and positioned his right arm in a way where Isabelle looped her right arm into.

"Lead the way, señor," Isabelle and Raphael let out a laugh.