Chapter 23

"You know that feeling when you have feel something for the first time, but your heart has felt it more than a million times?" Isabelle asked while dazing at the winking stars from the black sky in the terrace of the Institute.

"Hmmm, I am not quite sure what you are talking about or why you are talking about this," Simon replied while filling up his glass with wine and asking the others whether they would like some or not. By others, there were Clary and Maia.

"I mean like, um, okay let me say this in your language. So imagine as if you were solving an algebra equation and you feel like your mind already has seen the same equation million times. Now, do you understand?" Isabelle turned to Simon and expected a nod in return, but got a look of confusion from all three.

"Izzy, are you okay?" Clary inquired and checked for temperature on Izzy's forehead.

"Maybe you just had too much to drink." With that Maia snatched the glass away from Isabelle's hand and drank the rest of the wine left in it.

"Yea, you might be right." Isabelle knew there was something wrong with her but she doesn't say anything more about it. "So what is going on with you two now? Anything new?" Isabelle asked Maia and Simon, trying to change the vibe. In response, both blushed bright red and looked down at their hands holding together.

"It's good, nothing new. What about you and Jace, Clary?" Maia replied back who was looking at her iPod and looked up when Maia finished her question.

"Eh, we are good, as usual." Clary quietly said and for a second there was sadness in her eyes, but it was gone by the next second.

"Ok, so let's play some music then." Isabelle took the iPod from Clary's hand and scrolled through her playlist. "Hmm, this is actually a pretty good playlist. Anyone in the mood for Bodak Yellow!"

"Yasss, give me some Cardi B gurl!" Maia replied happily and the next voice heard was Cardi B's.

"LOOK, I don't DANCE. I make money MOVES. Say I don't gotta DANCE.I make money MOVE." The four were singing on top of their lungs and danced until none of them could breathe anymore. All four of them made a circle and each went to the middle and did their moves like Izzy did her cartwheel, Clary did her splits, and Simon spun Maia around and kissed her. Just then, Izzy got a text in her phone;

Izzy, it's ready, I am ready. Can you please send her to her room. -JC.

Ohhhhkay :) :) xoxo

"Omg, Clary, I totally forgot!" Isabelle had previously planned on this.

"What happened?" Clary replied loudly to be heard from the loud music.

"I had kept snacks and drinks in your room by accident, can you please bring them. Please."

"Ughhh, Izzzzzzyyyyy," Clary whined and looked at Isabelle.

"I love you too Clary, thanks love." Izzy turned Clary around and slightly pushed her towards the stairs. Every step that Clary took, Isabelle could feel the excitement growing inside of her for both Jace and Clary.

"Come on Izzy, why are you standing alone," Simon called over and with a smile, Izzy nodded and joined the couple.

Hours passed by and the three got slightly drunk but not enough to get in trouble. Simon and Maia bid farewell to Isabelle and Simon took Maia in his arms and gracefully jumped from the terrace and safely landed. The two looked up and waved at Izzy who was looking down at them from the terrace. "Bye guys." Isabelle waved back. She turned around with her glass of wine and kept a soothing song on, Happier (by Ed Sheeran). Isabelle walked around the terrace with the beat of the song. Even though her eyes were closed, her heart was open, her mind was free. Soon, the breeze joined her along with the rhythm.

Just as the song changed to Perfect (by Ed Sheeran), Isabelle found her way in the middle of the terrace and started to slow dance with the wind. She kept left hand where someone's shoulder would be and her right hand on what was supposed to be hand, but air. Isabelle didn't mind, she went along with the song and happily danced. Soon, she could feel something, well someone forming under her fingers. 

Thank you soooooo much for reading my story, your comments, and your votes. You guys truly are DA BEST!!! -Saarah Khan