Chapter 2

The insects were still singing in the bushes Isabelle passed. She was impressed by how the insects kept the same rhythm throughout the whole night. She looked up at the sky and saw how the clouds were saying farewell to the moon, by coming in front of it and preparing for the sun's arrival. For a moment, she stood still and closed her eyes, letting herself sink into the silence. Instead, flashes of her dream, when she was dropped into darkness, began to appear before her eyes and she quickly opened her eyes not allowing her mind to show her more.

    Isabelle soon found herself feeling the same warmth she felt in the arms that held her in the dream. Even though it was cold, Isabelle could feel herself getting sweaty, she wiped them with her sleeve. Her heart began to beat faster with the thought of the warmth of the arms and the voice that had love in it. She kept her hands on her head and pressed on it and closed her eyes, hoping the thoughts will stop. "Stop, stop, stop!!!" She shouted to herself. But, they would not stop, instead, she just ran faster and faster, not stopping to take a breath.

     Isabelle ran so fast, that she didn't hear the muffled steps coming behind her. Finally, she stopped to take a breath and heard the muffled steps clearly and could feel them coming closer. Isabelle was taught how to handle these situations without getting scared, she quickly transformed her snake like bracelet, which was wrapped around till her elbow, into a whip. Isabelle spun around all ready to whip someone in their ass, but she saw something else instead. The beagle.

      Even with the dim street lights, she could recognize the little beagle running with his tiny legs towards her. A small smile began to form on Isabelle's lips as she transformed the whip into a bracelet and bent down to reach for the beagle. The puppy jumped into Isabelle's arms, even though Isabelle was taken back a little, she held him firmly. "We meet again, little highness!" Isabelle said with a smile as the puppy looked at her, wagging his tail again. The puppy did a little woof woof at her and licked her cheek.

     "You know what, I think you'd be a great company." Isabelle said to the puppy while stood up. The puppy stuck out his tongue and wagged his tail following Isabelle as she walked on grass next to the pavement. Isabelle looked at how the beagle's ears flapped out and in, each time it took a step. Before Isabelle knew it, they had reached the park and the clouds had started to change from black to a lighter color. It was dawn.

     The river to the left of Isabelle portrayed a reflection of the sky and the leaves on the trees to the right were rustling in the cold wind. Isabelle and the puppy walked over to a bench. The bench felt cold, but she didn't mind much. She liked the cold. She sat on the bench and helped the puppy sit on her lap. The puppy made itself comfortable in her lap and closed its eyes. And before Isabelle knew it, she fell asleep, too.