Chapter 29

"I know that you were with me yesterday night on the terrace at the Institute," Isabelle said. Raphael just stood there looking at Isabelle with confusion in his eyes.

"I, um. What?"

"Don't even try to hide it, Raphael! I know you were there. I even have proof." She defended showing her phone. Again, he stayed quiet for a couple of minutes fiddling with his hands. "Uh, hello? Are you going to explain or not?"

"Okay, Okay fine, I will tell you..... I was just walking by the Institute when I heard music, and I looked up to see you dancing and I couldn't take my eyes off of you. And I don't know how long I was standing there just looking at you." He started walking towards Isabelle and looked at her straight into her eyes. "And you suddenly disappeared, so I came up to the terrace only to see you on the floor." Isabelle stepped back, not losing eye contact and unwinding her whip, just in case.

"You know, you could have gotten in serious trouble if someone other than me or Alec would have seen you on that terrace." She informed, suddenly not able to breathe as he came closer.

"Yes, I was very well......acknowledged about that, but I couldn't seem to stop myself." He was only inches away from Isabelle and she wasn't able to move a muscle, it was as if she was paralyzed. She could see his chocolate brown eyes and his breath smelled liked chocolate. Raphael brought up his hand towards Isabelle's face and she could feel the warmth coming to her face, and she closed her eyes shut.

The trees were dancing in the breeze and the birds were singing the sweetest song. Isabelle didn't want to feel what she was feeling. She didn't want to feel weak. The honks of the cars, yelling of shop owners, and the cheers of children filled her ears, but not her mind. She couldn't forget those brown eyes that were yearning for her. That was looking into her deep black eyes looking for something. Isabelle couldn't even move a muscle when he was standing a few inches away from her. Without even realizing, she bumped into someone, Simon.

"Hey there." Simon greeted, snatching Isabelle from her thoughts. "What are you doing here?" She looked around to see what he meant and she didn't exactly know where she was.

"Oh angels, I have lost my way. Where am I?"

"You are just downtown. I can get you back to the Institute, I was going there to meet Clary myself."

"But, how? You don't even own a vehicle, and my legs are too damn tired to walk." She mentioned while her legs began to feel sore and Simon lightly smiled.

"Well, you do know that outside of the shadow world, there's a mundane world. Where people take this vehicle called 'taxi'." Simon sarcastically said.

"Wait, what was that? My bad, I stopped listening after you said 'well'." Izzy put on a sassy look and both giggled.

"Taxi! Taxi! Taxi!" Simon screamed to signal a taxi and they got on. After a minutes of silence and looking through the window, the air around began to suffocate Isabelle. She rolled down the window to take in some fresh air from all the thoughts that were running through her mind.

"Simon, can I ask you a question?" She asked still looking through the window and looked at Simon while he nodded. "When did you know you had feelings for Maia?" On that, Simon let a soft chuckle and looked at her.

"Oh, you are seriously asking?" In reply, Isabelle nodded her head. "Well, um it can't be described as 'when', I feel like it was more of a 'how'."

"What do you mean?" Now, really confused, Isabelle couldn't understand.

"It's the little things that made me realize, like how my heart jumped whenever she used to come into a room, how a smile would come on my face when someone would mention her name, and how I would stutter whenever she would talk to me." Isabelle laughed. "Hahahaha I know, I know, I am not the type of person who stutters, but those were the signs, you see."

"Oh, right, right, that makes sense."

Both got off the taxi within a few blocks from the Institute and walked in silence, both lost in their own thoughts, involving a guy and a girl. 

(HEEEEYYYYYY GUUUYYYYYSSSS, I have been away for a while, a long time actually and I wasn't able to update my story. I am so sorry. But thank you for all your votes and comments, it really makes my day to see all of your comments and all your love and support towards my story <3) (And guys,, Season 3 of Shadowhunters !!! AAAHHH!!! It's only been 3 episodes and it's SOOOO GOOOOODDD!!!!! I would love to your know your opinions down in the comments. God bless y'all)