Chapter 24

Something, well rather someone was forming under Isabelle's fingers. She could feel soft fingers filling the gaps between her fingers and a strong arm holding her waist with utmost care. Isabelle could almost say that she knew the person Before she could realize, her dream replayed in her mind, reminding her of the touch and how she wanted to be in those arms forever. Most importantly, she remembered that whenever she opened her eyes, he, well it would always disappear. And she had obviously learned her lesson, and she knew that the person dancing with her was the person from her dreams, her heart could just tell. For the next two minutes, Isabelle didn't open her eyes and danced with the stranger or rather her imagination to Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran). Even though she didn't know who or what she was dancing, those two minutes were the best two minutes of her life, maybe because her brain wasn't working properly of the intense yearning to let go of everything and fall into the arms of someone.

At the end of the two minutes, Isabelle's brain started working and urged her to open her eyes, which Isabelle would have thought was the worst decision of her life. But, that's what she was taught her whole life, always listen to your brain. And she did, her eyes opened even without her consent, and like usual the figure disappeared like sand just like in her dreams. The trees were rustling with the sudden wind that brushed through clouds. Isabelle touched her arms and tried to make the touch and the feeling always remains in her heart. She took a deep breath in the cold air and gracefully walked to the middle and lied down on the cold floor.

"Ahhhhh, what are you doing, Isabelle? What has happened to you?" Isabelle asked herself in search of the answer inside herself, but unfortunately, she didn't. She rolled to the side and drew something on the dust of the floor. When she looked at the drawing she made, she saw something that she had never seen, it wasn't like any of the runes she had learned in her life, nor the language of any she learned. It was a weird combination of swirls and lines, it looked like half of a heart trapped and destroyed inside a cage whereas the other half flew away outside of the cage. Isabelle kept looking at the drawing for several minutes trying to find the meaning within herself and gave up eventually.

The stars above her winked at her one at a time, well maybe winked at the moon, because it was looking so beautiful at the moment. Full, big, bright, and so close to Isabelle that she could almost touch it. Before she knew it, her eyes closed ending the beautiful night, so she thought.

Isabelle could feel that she was being descended and again her eyes wouldn't listen to her when she wanted open them and see the figure holding her. "Remember that I love you and I will always be with you." A voice said and Isabelle could swear she felt a tear running down her cheeks. And the time Isabelle feared the most had arrived, she was out of those arms and onto the soft surface. Just like in cue, Isabelle felt the warmth coming her way and the figure's finger softly touched her forehead and moved a strand of hair leaving a trail of heat on her forehead. Like never before, Isabelle was finally able to find the strength to move her hands and to open her mouth. Without wasting any time, she grasped the hand that was about to leave her face and tried to stop him, it from moving. "NO! NO! Don't leave me! Don't go, please." Isabelle pleaded and pleaded. And in reply, she was surrounded by one answer, "I have to." That one sentence echoed through her and for some reason, she couldn't accept that answer. With all her might, she tried to pry her eyes open only to face the same thing she's been facing for days, he, it disappeared into thin air. Like usual, the surface below her opened making her fall into dark never ending hole, by which Isabelle woke with a jolt and a fast heart rate, and her hand still holding to something. Someone. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!! It's 2018, FINALLY!!! At the start of the new year, I would like to thank each and every one of you guys for reading my story, sharing your thoughts, voting, and for sharing my story to your friends. Thank you for making 2017 an amazing year for me and I hope it was an amazing year for you guys as well. I wish you guys have an amazing new year ahead of you. Thank you <3