Chapter 32

Isabelle's eyes were awoken in the shock to the wetness poured upon them. Her body jerked up with the contact of cold water. And her room was ringing with the noise of the blaring noise of her alarm and a faint sound of her name. Her mind was fuzzy and her vision was blurry. She looked around and saw a person standing to her left, who she wasn't able to recognize with her blurry vision. Instinctively, she lashed out her whip.

"Izzy! Chill, It's me!" The words became clearer to understand. "Izzy! Wake up! Wake up!" With the words, Isabelle's vision was becoming clear to see.

"Oh my, Clary! What are you doing here?" Isabelle gasped while noticing Clary with a jug of water in her hand. "I could have hurt you." She warned worriedly.

"Izzy, I have been searching for you! Why aren't you awake yet?!" She scolded her, while Izzy was getting off her bed, covered in water.

"Alright, jeez, I'm awake now. Did you need something?" She asked while trying to find her proper balance and her alarm which was starting to give her a headache. 

"Well, Madame Inquisitor has called all of us for a meeting in about 20 minutes," Clary replied, and Isabelle froze and looked at Clary to see whether she was kidding. In response, Clary nodded her head confirming her statement.

"SHOOT!" Izzy gasped and sprinted to the bathroom. Just before getting inside she looked back at Clary. "Was throwing cold water at me necessary?"

"Not necessary, but definitely fun," Clary replied with a smirk.

"Just don't it again, or else I will whip your butt." On that, both shared a chuckle. "No, like seriously. I will."

Isabelle hurriedly wore her knee-high boots, balancing on her right leg while she wore her left boot. Come on, come on! She hurried while she zipped up her boots. 

"Ah, finally! Done. Ready to go." She told herself while she straightened out her clothes and tightened her half ponytail.

"There you are, where were you?" Alec inquired in a quiet voice when Isabelle walked into the Inquisitor's room, beside him. Everyone had a stern look on their faces with their hands folded at their chest or behind their backs. Some whispered to their elbow side people while others just stood thinking. Madam Inquisitor was sitting on her desk, signing some papers and discussing with Mother, who was standing alongside. 

"Sorry, woke up late. So, what's this all about?" Izzy asked while still looking around the room, looking for Clary and Jace. 

"Well, just this morning, Mother told me to inform everyone that Inquisitor wants to meet everyone in her room. And so, here we are. Probably the Clave has passed a new law or something." He guessed while shrugging his shoulders. 

"Hmm, probably." The Inquisitor got up and rang her call bell to get our attention. 

"Good morning shadowhunters, I am pleased to inform that the Clave is immensely pleased with the progress that this Institute has done." The whole room stood up straight and each person was keen to know what the Inquisitor had to say.  "Each of you should be proud of what you have done till this date." Ah, funny. The Clave is pleased? They have emotions? Funny. Isabelle sarcastically attacked the Clave in her head. "Even though actions that were done in the past have gone against the Accords and consequences were given to those. But, the Clave has generously overlooked those mistakes and would like to congratulate everyone on their achievements." Oh, how grateful. We almost died for the Clave, and they 'generously overlook our mistakes.' Wow. 

"Izzy, are you okay?" questioned Alec while he tugged Izzy's sleeve trying to get her back into reality. Izzy didn't realize that she was glaring at the Inquisitor, she blinked her way to reality.

"Yah, yah, I'm alright." She faintly whispered. "I still don't understand what she wants from us." She whispered to Alec, wondering if anyone had the answer. 

"Honestly, it feels like the Inquisitor is stalling." He responded back with a curious look on his face. By now, few people have started to glare us to make us quiet. 

"Shh.." Our neighbors shushed us and we listened to what the Inquisitor was telling everyone. 

"And so, the Clave has decided on a new way to make this Institute reach new heights and accomplish certain achievements." What now?  "From this day forth, the Institute will be headed by Alec Lightwood." No one moved. But slowly the words began to sink into everyone and the noise of applause boomed in the room. A smile formed in Alec's face, and so did in Isabelle's and everyone else's. The whole room was looking at Alec proudly, seeing their new leader. 

"Oh my god, Alec! Oh my! The new head! I'm so HAPPY for you!" Isabelle couldn't contain her immense happiness for her bigger brother. She hugged him while Jace and Clary had made their way to them.  Jace patted his parabati on his back with a huge smile in his face, eventually, they both hugged. The sound of the applause kept roaring while everyone congratulated and shook hands with Alec. 

"Well, well everyone. Settle down." The applause calmed down and everyone's attention was back to the Inquisitor. Beside her, Isabelle and Alec could see that their Mother's eyes were watered and she was looking at her children with happiness. "Alec Lightwood, join me here to make sure everyone gets a look at their new leader." 

Everyone made way for Alec to pass and he nodded thanks to everyone in his way to the Inquisitor.  She raised her hand to shake Alec's hand and he accepted it. "I wish you all the best for the leadership that you have been chosen for." The Inquisitor sincerely congratulated Alec for his newly attained leadership. 

"Thank you Madam Inquisitor." Alec faced the people now, looking at Izzy, Jace, and Clary. "I am grateful for the position that I have been promoted to and will continue to show my potential and capability to my fellow shadowhunters, the Clave, and the Downworlders." The sound of applause roared the room once again.