Chapter 15

"What is your problem?" I asked Alec as he turned to look at me. "Like seriously, you have been annoyed at me, the moment we came out of Hotel DuMort. What the hell is wrong with you or what the hell is wrong with me. Tell me."

"You wanna know what's my problem? Fine. My problem is that my little sister knows a vampire. The vampire. And I didn't even know. Something could have happened to you and I wouldn't have been able to save you." Alec barked back.

"I can take care of myself, I have been training for that my whole life. And if I even had the slightest of an idea that Raphael was a vampire and that too, the leader of the vampire clan. Don't you think I would have told you, big brother? And it's not like we are like the best of friends, he just helped me when Meliorn...." Isabelle regretted the second she said Meliorn's name to Alec.

" When Meliorn what? What did he do? Isabelle, tell me what he did." Alec changed his tone to 'older brother anger' and searched Isabelle's eyes for something.

"Nothing, he did nothing. Forget it." Isabelle turned away trying to hide the tears that were flowing without her control and tried to walk away. But, Alec caught up and stopped Isabelle by placing his hand on her shoulder and walked so that he was facing her. He took Isabelle in his two hands and saw his little sister crying.

"I will kill him. He's going to die from my hands today." Alec angrily stated and was about to storm into Meliorn, but Isabelle stopped him by holding onto Alec's hands.

"No Alec, you are not going to do anything like that. Promise me." Isabelle said while wiping her tears.

"But Izzy, he.." Alec was interrupted by the footsteps of Jace behind him.

"What happened?" Jace asked when he saw smudged eyeliner on Isabelle's face. "Did Alec make you cry?"

"No no, it's nothing. I got something in my eye and I smudged it by accident. Typical me." Isabelle tried her best to say it without her voice cracking.

"Okay then, oh yeah mom was asking for you. She wanted to talk to you." Jace informed to Alec and without any eye contact with neither Izzy or Jace, he walked away. "What's up with him?"

"Typical Alec. Anyways did you take Clary out on a date yet?" Isabelle asked trying to shift the attention. Everyone knew about Clary and Jace spending their nights, but they still had to go out on their first date.

"Oh crap, I completely forgot about that. And tomorrow is her birthday and the day we met. Well, I better get started to make it the best first date that Clary has ever gone to. See you later. And you will be on my speed dial, just in case I need some, you know about girl stuff." Isabelle loved how Jace's eyes would sparkle when he talked about Clary.

"Did you just.... Did Jace Herondale just ask for my help? Wow, what they say is true. Love makes you crazy." Isabelle let out a laugh and Jace did a mock laugh.

"Haha, very funny Izzy. Very funny." With that sarcastically said, Jace left and Isabelle found herself standing alone in the hallway.

"Where's Prince? Have you seen him?" Isabelle went around asking everyone in the Institute only to be answered by a sideways nod. She began to think of places where Prince could be and searched, but he wasn't found. And she relaxed the second she saw Prince in Clary's arms playing with her. Phew. She started to walk towards them when Maryse came in front of her, blocking her way.

"We need to talk, Isabelle. Can you come to my office please." Maryse said.

"Sure, but why?" Isabelle asked and she was interrupted by her mother.

"Don't ask me questions here. Can you just please come to my office."