Chapter 11

Even though the sun was shining brightly, the moment they entered through the door it was pitch dark. Alec entered first followed by Magnus, Izzy, Clary, and lastly Jace.

"Why is it so dark in here?" Clary asked.

"Remember vampires and sunlight aren't the best of friends, except for your friend, Simon the sunlighter." Jace replied. Simon was a normal vampire when he was turned, but when he was held captive by Valentine, he was drained of blood and Jace glamorized himself as Clary to save him. And Valentine allowed Jace to save Simon thinking he was Clary, he gave Simon his blood to drink. But no one except for Valentine knew that Jace had angel blood and just in a few days, Simon figured something was different. He was able to walk in the sun, unlike the other vampires who would burn with the slightest contact with sunlight. And ever since then, he's called the sunlighter.

"Ah, much better," Isabelle told while she took out her witchlight, and it brighten up the space around them. Isabelle took a look around and the walls beside her were covered with a wallpaper that had a black to red and below her were tiles made from marble. "This place looks hella expensive." Isabelle impressively said.

"Agreed," Clary joined.

"Where are these vampires?" Jace lazily asked.

"They could be anywhere and we should be alert especially since they could smell our blood." Alec warned them.

"And they love shadowhunter blood," Magnus pointed out.

"What was that noise?" Clary quietly whispered and quickly changed her posture into fighting mode. Her hand firmly holding her sword and her eyes looking in every direction for attack.

"What noise?" Magnus asking while getting his hands ready to attack anyone with his magic.

"Shhhh, listen carefully," Clary told and all of them listened carefully. They could hear footsteps coming from the walls.

"Dammit, keep walking. Fast." Aec commanded and everyone followed behind him walking as fast possible and quietly as possible.

"The door must be somewhere here," Magnus hurriedly said and searched for any doors as they ran.

"Here! Here! It's here!" Isabelle shouted as quietly as possible, when she saw a red door on the wall to the right of her. She tried to twist the knob to open, but it won't budge, she then took out her stele, with her witchlight on one hand and drew a rune on the knob to open it. And it popped out of the door. "Yes!" Isabelle exclaimed.

"Good job Izzy," Alec appreciated as all of them entered and quickly Alec drew a rune on the door from the inside, which would hold off anyone from the outside entering.

"Phew," Isabelle let out a sigh, while everyone panted from the running. Isabelle felt someone's presence in the room, besides themselves, so she brought the witchlight closer to her face. "Guys, can you see what I am seeing?" Isabelle quietly asked, and a second later, the room lit up with bright LED lights. All of them hid their faces with their hands blocking the light from their eyes.

"Welcome, fellow shadowhunters," A familiar sound that Isabelle has heard welcomed them with his hands stretched out to either sides of him. Isabelle moved her hand away to see who the voice belonged to. Isabelle was surprised, rather shocked when she saw who it was.

"Raphael?"