Chapter 27

Katniss' POV
I hold little Rye in my hands as Peeta picks out his first outfit. Today was the day all of our family and friends were coming to visit and see baby Rye. I'm most excited to see our little duck. She's been so understanding through this whole baby thing and now she gets to see her new brother. "Peeta do you think Willow will be jealous?" I ask Peeta with a frown. "Of course she won't." Peeta smiles as he hands me Rye's outfit. "She's very understanding plus I think she'll love to help you out with him." Peeta says. Maybe Peeta was right. I hope he's right.
•••
"Mommy!" Willow yells as she embraces me in a hug. "Are you ok?" She asks with a concerned look. "I am just perfect." I smile as I rub her back. "Do you want to see him?" I ask her. "Him?" Willow asks. "Yes your own baby brother." I smile as Peeta hands me Rye. "Oh my gosh." Willow says. "He's so handsome." Willow laughs. "What's his name?" Willow asks. "Rye Connor Mellark." Peeta says with a smile. "I just love him." Willow smiles as she kisses his forehead.
•••
We brought Rye home a week ago and everything kinda returned to how it use to be. Willow goes off to school everyday, Peeta goes off the the bakery, and Johanna and Annie have been visiting me everyday to help out. "He's so cute." Annie says while holding Rye. "I guess you and Peeta make the cutest babies." Johanna laughs. "Oh my just shut up." I laugh to Johanna. "How's Willow been?" Annie asks. "She actually is a big help." I explain. "She just wants to do everything and I'm so grateful for that." I smile. "So she isn't jealous?" Johanna asks. "No not at all." I state. "Rye is her world. She wants to do everything she can to make him happy." I say. "Wow." Johanna says. "You're really lucky to have that blessing." Annie smiles.
•••
I get Rye fed and soon make my way to Willow's school to pick her up. On the way there I was stopped by someone. That someone was Gale. "Congratulations." He smiles. "I would've been over to see you but I've been so busy with work. I barely even have enough time to see Rider." Gale frowns. "It's ok Gale, I understand." I smile. We both then walked together to the school. "So what's this little guy's name?" Gale asks. "His name is Rye." I say. "I like that." Gale states. "Cressida is pregnant again and she told me if it was another boy she would want his name to be Rye. I guess we'll have to look for a new one." Gale laughs. "I didn't know Cressida was pregnant." I say. "Well we only found out about a month ago. We haven't told anyone but I thought I could trust you." Gale states. "You were always good at keeping your promises." He laughs. I smile and roll my eyes. We finally got to the school and I see both Willow and Rider racing towards Gale and I. "See Rider I told you I wasn't lying he's my brother." Willow laughs. "He's so cute." Rider says. "Yeah I know." Willow says with some sass. "She sure does got your attitude." Gale laughs. "Oh shut up." I laugh with him.
•••

Peeta's POV
By the time I got home Katniss already started dinner. I hang up my coat and greet her in the kitchen. "Hello beautiful." I say as I kiss her neck. She smiles and continues to work on dinner. "Here let me." I say as I grab the cooking supplies out of her hands. "Peeta you've been working all day." She frowns. "It's ok I want to make dinner." I smile as I continue where Katniss left off. After dinner I had some daddy and me time with Willow and I put her to bed with her favorite song. The Valley Song. I tuck her in and kiss her head until I was stopped when she started to talk. "Daddy is it ok to be smart?" She asks which made my head turn quick. "Oh course it's ok to be smart." I say sitting back down on her bed. "Why wouldn't you think it's ok?" I ask her. "A lot of people say it's not normal and it's weird that I'm this smart." She frowns. "Willow." I start as grab her hand. "Being super smart is a blessing it shows us that you're special and that you stand out! There's nothing wrong with being smart it will benefit you later in life." I state. "Everyone says it's not though daddy." Willow frowns. "Baby trust me." I say. "It's ok to be smart. You know who is also super smart like you?" I ask her. "Who?" She asks. "Mommy is super duper smart. She saved a whole country." I state. "When will you tell me about the war daddy?" Willow asks. "When you're older." I say as I tuck her back in. "Go to bed little duck. I love you." I tell her kissing her head. "Thank you daddy I love you too." She smiles as she kisses me cheek.
•••
I walk in to our bedroom and see Katniss feeding Rye. I sit down and run little Rye's head before telling Katniss what Willow said to me. "Why would she think that?" Katniss asked. "Apparently kids make fun of her because it isn't normal." I state. "It is normal it's just more special." Katniss frowns while burping Rye. "That's what I told her but I always told her who was as smart as her." I say with a smile. "Who is that?" Katniss asks confused. "You silly." I laugh. "Peeta I'm far from being smart." She says rolling her eyes. "How so?" I ask her. "You saved me in the Hunger Games, allowed us both to win, brought together  12 districts to 1, saved me from the capitol, and never gave up on me. Those sound like pretty smart choices to me." I state. Katniss smiled and soon kissed my cheek. "Thank you for that Peeta." She says before taking Rye to bed. When she returned she soon crawled into my lap. "You really think I'm smart." She laughs. "Of course. You're the smartest of them all." I laid back. "I love you so much Peeta Mellark. More than you'll ever know." She says kissing my lips. "But I love you more Katniss Mellark. You will never know how much I love you." I say kissing her back. "I do know how much you love me." She laughs. "But I do love you more." She smirks trying to get me into a play argument. "I guess I'll let you win just this once since it's pretty late." I smile laying us both down. "I love you Peeta." Katniss says before falling asleep. "I love you too girl on fire." I say kissing her one last time.
•••