Chapter 5

Ike and Zac watched her leave. Watched her until she was gone.

"We've let too much time come between us," Ike whispered.

"I'm afraid we lost her," Zac replied.

"But she said she missed us..."Ike said.

Zac shook his head,"No. It doesn't matter. We let too many things come between our friendship with her. We should've kept in touch better. Seen if she wanted to come on tour with us," he had been staring straight ahead until now, but then he turned to Ike,"Do you even remember how close we were to her?"
Ike smiled, memories,"I'll never forget. She was an awesome friend. The four of us were inseparable," he frowned,"but now.......I can't believe we just shrugged her off as a fan! She was our BEST FRIEND!" He started to get angry and sad at the same time.

"I know," Zac replied,"Now she seems like a stranger. I noticed she was afraid of how to act around us. And I know why." "Why then?"
"Because she's afraid that we don't think of her as our best friend anymore. That everything we had when we were younger is now gone. I can just imagine how much she's cried, how sad we've made her. I know she treasured our friendship."

"Oh god... How mean can we be? That girl has been nothing but supportive of us. She was always there, when we needed her. And how do we repay her? By making her think we forgot about her. That she no longer matters."

"We need to make all these years up to her."
"Definitely."

"But what if the closeness we had before is gone for good? What if itz never the same?"

"We'll make it the same."

"What about Tay? I noticed how he acted towards her at his wedding. He practically ignored her."
"He needs to realize what's important. I know he doesn't even love Natalie," Ike shuddered at the name,"Out of all of us, I know Melanie was closest to Tay. But we all had a perfect friendship. And to tell you the truth, I want it back."

"I know bro, I know," Zac sighed.

"Come on. Let's go talk to Tay. We need to knock some sense into him," Ike half smiled.

They called over Zoe and Mackie and started home.

-----

Please keep in mind this was written in 2002. I am just posting here for anyone interested, but I realize it is not the best story ever. I try to catch the spelling and juvenile mistakes. I'm sure some slipped by though.