Chapter 18

The angel watched Taylor as he struggled with what he was gonna do. She knew that Melanie was the key to get Taylor to want to live his life. To give it another chance. But it would take time.

Unfortunately for Taylor, time is the one thing he didn't have. If he didn't decide soon, they will take his body off of life support and then he would be dead.

The angel sighed,"Taylor."

-----

Taylor paced back and forth, back and forth.

He just couldn't face his life again. It was all so horrible. But he couldn't let Melanie kill herself. And that's exactly what would happen if he chose to die.

"I want to talk to Melanie again," he said loudly.

His surroundings shifted and he was in his best friend's room. This time she was nowhere to be seen. At least for the moment.

Suddenly she burst into her room and collapsed on her bed, crying.

"Melanie," he said gently.

She looked up, tears streaming down her face. This was all too familiar a sight to Taylor now.

She didn't say anything, but just ran over to him and buried her face in his chest.

"What's wrong?" he wanted to stop all her tears. He held her tight.

After a couple more minutes of crying she told him.

"They're..going to...take you... off of... life...support," she got out between sobs.

"What?!"

"Yes. And then you won't be able to come back." She hugged him tightly.

He knew the angel was letting him be solid. Because otherwise Melanie would've went right through him. His best friend needed to hold onto him. He silently thanked the angel.

He needed to comfort Melanie. To hold her. He sat them both down on the bed. HE was alarmed by this news. He had to make his decision.

"When...are they doing it?" he asked her.

"Day after tomorrow," a fresh flood of tears ran from her eyes. "Oh please TAylor. Come back. Before it's too late."

"But, my life, it's so horrible."

She looked up into his deep blue eyes. "I'll help you Taylor. WE can get through life together. We're still best friends." Her eyes pleaded with his.

"I..don't...know," he said reluctantly.

"Please. Don't leave me. I NEED you."

I need you. I need you. I need you.

It rang in his mind. He had left, telling her to be at the hospital at seven on the morning that he was to be taken off of life support. He told her if he was going to come back, it would be exactly then. She said she'd be there, holding his hand.

He couldn't face his horrible life, could he? Melanie would help him. Things would be as they had been, only better.

But it was such a painful life. Could he find the courage to go back and fight it? Melanie would be there with him, through it all.

He was so confused. Which should he choose?

"Make the right choice Taylor," the angel whispered just loud enough for him to hear her.