Chapter 19

It was the morning Tay was to be taken off life support. Only a couple more minutes to go.

Melanie got to the hospital early and nearly ran into Tay's room. She stood at his bedside and grasped his hand, tightly.

Five minutes until seven......four.....

Taylor paced back and forth. He still hadn't made up his mind. And with only minutes to go...He looked at his "cloud window" to the world.

"Melanie, you're there," he whispered.

Three minutes.......two.....

Melanie let a tear out of her eye and trickle down her cheek. One minute to go and no sign of life from her best friend. She sighed.

He's not coming back, she thought.

Taylor took his first breath of air, in what seemed like, forever.

Melanie gasped. Taylor opened his eyes, gulping the precious air. He first focused on her.

"Beautiful eyes," he whispered, then smiled.

She couldn't restrain herself. She bent down and hugged him, hard. Feeling the pressure of him returning it, his warmth of his breath on her cheek, and just enjoying the fact that she had her beautiful eyes back.

"I thought you were gone for good. That you decided not to come back," she said hoarsely. Tears of joy spilling down her cheeks.

He grinned,"You can't get rid of me that easily. I'm sticking around. For you."

-----

Three days later, he was home. A remarkable recovery. A miracle. It left the doctors baffled. Only Melanie and Taylor knew the truth. And of course the angel too.

Melanie was by his side almost 24/7. Their friendship had deepened. It meant so much more than before.

Natalie still hadn't come back home. She had been told of the wonderful news and of course she said "I told you so."

Taylor didn't care though. He and Melanie were together. Things were even better than they were before. And Taylor had his beautiful eyes back.

-END-

-----

That's it guys! One of my brain children from when I was a teen. (In my 30s now). Hope it wasn't painful to read! lol