Chapter 13

Melanie arrived at the hospital a couple minutes later. She raced into the building and up to the desk to find out if Taylor was alright and which room he was in.

"Are you family?" the lady behind the front desk asked.

"Uh...no. But I'm a close friend."

"I'm sorry. I can't let you see him then. Or give you any information. For all I know, you could be a fan or something."

"I'm his best friend. I need to see him," she said desparately.

"Look. I told you already, no. And if you don't leave, I'll have you thrown out."

Melanie was nearly in tears.

"Go," the 'lady' said.

Melanie sighed. She didn't know what to do...

Suddenly she heard someone calling her name. She turned around and she saw Zac standing at the entrance to the Emergency Room. She started walking over to him. The lady behind the desk yelled at her,"That's it! I'm calling security!"

"What's her problem?" he asked, glancing in the direction of the desk, where the 'lady' was calling on the phone.

"She doesn't believe I'm a close friend. She thinks I'm just a fan," Melanie was exasperated, but was also getting mad.

"Oh. Well I'll straighten this out. Come on." He started walking over to the desk with Melanie following behind him.

Suddenly two guards rushed in. "Her!" the lady said to them, pointing at Melanie.

They started toward her.

"Now wait a minute!" Zac was getting angry,"She is a close friend of ours. So just learn to ask us before you treat our best friend like dirt!" Then he turned to Melanie,"Come on. We're in the waiting room. They won't let us see Tay yet."