Chapter 16

Everyday Melanie went to the hospital to be with Tay. She dropped her life. She spent every second that she could with him. She stopped eating almost completely and only went home to shower and change. Everyday was another day she was losing him.

Diana had gotten in touch with Natalie the day it had happened. Natalie didn't come though. She said Tay would wake up and she was having too much fun to come back yet.

Some wife, Melanie thought.

-----

Tay was floating somewhere between life and death. He loved being free. No worries.

"Man, this is awesome!" he said.

But one day(was it day? He lost track of time) he heard someone.

"Taylor."

"Huh? Who is that?"

A weirdly dressed girl appeared before him. Dressed in a robe and had a light about her. "Taylor," a voice floated around him. It seemed to be coming from this being in front of him, but yet it wasn't.

The figure walked toward him, stopping only a few feet from him.

"It's not your time to die Taylor."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You're not supposed to be here Taylor. None of this was supposed to happen."

"Then why am I here?" Taylor was confused.

The figure seemed to sigh,"The one carload of people was to die, not you. They were supposed to miss you. But a miscalculation with our "accidents department" caused you to be hit as well. And now you're hanging on the thread of life and death."

"Oh. Well, what if I don't want to go back? I like it here. I don't have to worry about anything."

"That's not your choice Taylor. (pause) We're in the process of making arrangements to send you back to earth. But of course you can't just make a full recovery. And even while that is a possibilty, itz still very complicated. Until then you are waiting here. In this "waiting station." It shouldn't be too much longer."

"But I don't want to go back. Please, isn't there some way I could stay?"

"No Taylor. You must go back. Why should you want to die?"

"Because life is just a load of problems."

"Taylor. Life is not easy. But it is worth everything. You have many people who would miss you. Don't cause them the pain of losing you."

"Who? Who would miss me? My fans? That's nothing. They don't even really know me!"

"Taylor. You have a family who loves you very much. And a girl that will die herself before losing you again."

"Huh? Who are you talking about?"

The figure pushed clouds away and a picture appeared. An image. A girl beside a hospital bed. Crying. Tear after tear after tear.

"Melanie," he whispered.

"Yes. She cares so much about you Taylor."

"I...I still don't care. I want to stay. I won't go back."
"You will go back once everything is in place. I will let this here. Watch her Taylor. Most would think you're heartless. But I know itz just fear and so much to deal with once you enter the world again," the figure paused, as if trying to decide something, then said,"I know your wife isn't who you wanted to spend your life with. And I cannot reveal what is going to happen, but everything will work out." Then she started fading out.

"Wait!"

She shimmered,"Yes?"

"Is...Natalie there?"

She grew sad,"No Taylor. She refused to come home. "

"Oh."

Then she was gone. Leaving Taylor to think of what his life was really about. And a girl who would die for him. He turned back to the scene in front of him.

"Melanie, my beautiful eyes," he whispered.