Chapter 8

"Thanks so much Tay," Melanie said as they pulled up to her house.

"No prob... At least you're happy now."

"I'll see ya later."

"Yeah, see ya."

Then she got out of his car, walked in the house up to her room, and collapsed on her bed.

***************

Taylor drove around for a little bit. When he got home Natalie was already there. She started on him as soon as he got in the door.

"JORDAN TAYLOR HANSON! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! YOU JUST LEFT ME THERE! YOU IDIOT!"

"Shut up Natalie," he said as he walked upstairs.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!"

"I told you to shut up."

"You listen here. I'm your wife. YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!"

"I'll talk to you how I damn well please. I'm tired. So just leave me alone." He shut the door and stepped into a nice hot, soothing shower.

****************

The next day Melanie walked over to Ike and Zac's.

She knocked on the door. Zac answered,"Hey Melanie," he grinned,"Come in. We were waiting for you."

He lead the way up to his and Ike's room. Now there were only two beds, instead of three when Tay was there.

Ike smiled when she walked in,"Hey. Great to see you."

"Right back at you," she smiled back. Then she noticed something,"Where's Tay?"

Angry looks flashed across Ike and Zac's faces then were gone,"I guess he's not coming,"Ike replied.

"Oh. I was sure he'd be here."
"Why?" Zac asked.

"I seen him last night. He acted like we were still close friends..." she trailed off, then sighed.

"What do you mean?" Ike said.

So Melanie told them of how Tay saved her last night.

"Hmm, maybe he is the same Tay. He just needed you to bring it out of him," Ike half said to himself.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Melanie," Zac began,"Tay has changed. He's not the same Tay you used to know. Natalie has changed him. For the worse."

"Oh. (pause) I have to tell you guys something. I just don't like Natalie. I think she's a bitch. I don't care if you guys get mad at me for that. Tay deserves way better."

Ike and Zac exchanged looks, then Zac said,"We couldn't agree with you more. We hate her too."

"You do?"
"Oh yes. She's a stuck-up snob. And that's just putting it nicely," Ike replied.

They chatted more, until it was dinner time. Diana offered for Melanie to stay and eat dinner with them. But Melanie declined. She had promised her mom she'd be home for dinner. No exceptions.

"I'll see ya guys. Soon hopefully," she said to Zac and Ike as she left.

"You'll definitely be seeing us, don't worry," Zac grinned.

Then Melanie walked home.