Lollipops - Chapter 13

The fact that Sirius was correct when he said that there was a half hour before her free period ended struck Naomi as she had an internal battle with herself. There were many things she could do in the remainder of her free time, but there were some priorities of Naomi's that were higher in importance to her than others, and it was hard to decide which task she should first complete.

She could either go to Madam Pomfrey and ask for a refill of her 'cancer' potion, or she could go to the Library and get some work done. She was not going to lie, sixth year was a pain, whether she'd like to admit it or not, and the amount of homework she had was quite overwhelming.

Alas, after much pondering, Naomi decided to make things simple and do both, and at once, she began to make her way to the Hospital Wing. As she did so, a couple of thoughts occupied her head, such as the risk of exposure that she had just encountered not more than five minutes ago with Sirius.

She was sure that now, his interest was definitely going to be peaked, but she was able to recollect herself and any anxiety she felt at the thought of him discovering her secret with a raspberry flavoured lolly and some reassuring words. Naomi did feel a little guilty for leaving him stranded out in the cold, but she supposed he was partly to blame, for skipping Potions and whatnot.

With thoughts of the previous situation swirling around in her head, Naomi was too invested with her thoughts to realize that she was being followed.

————–

Remus Lupin was genuinely curious.

At this point, he did not care if Naomi Serdeys knew his secret. He just wondered what the point of those mysterious trips to the Hospital Wing of her's were.

This was not the first time he'd followed her to the Hospital Wing. In fact, it was probably the third! After doing so several times, he decided it was safe to conclude that Naomi did not visit the Hospital Wing for the mere reason of clumsiness, but a matter much more serious. He had eavesdropped to a few of the conversations that had taken place between Madam Pomfrey and Naomi, and was quick to pick up on the intensity of the topic they spoke of.

Naomi never sounded nor seemed happy when she met up with Madam Pomfrey and conversed with her, which came to him as a shock, seeing as she appeared to be the most positive person on planet Earth. The negativity she expressed in the Hospital Wing when she was with the nurse led Remus to believe that whatever they were talking about wasn't to be taken lightly.

Also, he noticed that she only came to visit the Hospital Wing when no one else but Madam Pomfrey was in it, thus leading him to believe that she did not want anyone to overhear or find out what they were talking about.

Her secrecy definitely brought up Remus' suspicion, but he was sure that there was nothing he could do about his edgy feeling other than continue listening in on the conversations that took place between the two females.

Up until five minutes ago.

Five minutes ago, when Sirius told him a very curious piece of information; that he saw a potion fall out of Naomi's school bag. Of course, Sirius saw that as an odd piece of information, but didn't think much of it, as he was not as invested with what the girl did as Remus was.

Thing was, none of Remus' mates cared for Naomi very much, they just continued playing a role in their supposed 'mission' for the sake of Remus. In fact, they had brought up their concern for how pointless the mission seemed to be several times, but Remus urged them to continue partaking in it. Not because he wanted to find out if she was trustworthy enough to keep their—mainly his—secret, but because he was interested in the things she did.

His friends did not know that, and he didn't want them to. For now, the operation was not their's to share, but his, and his alone.

They just didn't know.

Anyways, what Sirius told Remus may have seemed like a useless piece of information, as he already knew that Madam Pomfrey frequently supplied his schoolmate with a potion of the sort, but never had he ever collected any information on it.

So, what interested him was that Sirius was able to collect some information based on the physical appearance of the potion. According to his best friend, it was a bright, turquoise blue, and had a mythical glow to it. Remus had never heard of a potion with a semblance like that, nor did he ever recall learning about it in Potions class. He was shocked to realize that, for once, he was clueless, but his density to the situation only encouraged him to find out more.

And so, Remus followed after Naomi just as he did every other day that day, watching her as she was too caught up in her thoughts to notice him.

Eventually, the time came when she arrived at the Wing, and when she did, Remus crouched down behind a wall outside of the room as he curiously listened in. The same words were exchanged between the two females just as they would be any other day, and the time came when Madam Pomfrey delivered the usual blue potion to Naomi.

Now, usually, Remus never looked in the Hospital Wing whenever he was eavesdropping, whether it be a simple and small peek, or long and analyzed stares. He refused to look in, in fear of getting caught. But, this time, his curiosity took over and he peered in, very wondrous as to what the potion looked like.

Oh, what a mistake he made.

It was the first time he had seen it—the potion, that was—and it appeared more magnificent and entrancing than he anticipated. It was nothing he'd ever seen before, and because of that, Remus gazed on longer than he should have.

Or, at least, long enough for Naomi to catch him in the act.

————–

This chapter was not the most interesting, but you got a bit of insight as to why Remus is being a complete stalker. Don't worry, though. Things will get spicy in the next chapter.

On another note, tomorrow is the day that the epilogue of the Deathly Hallows takes place. It is exactly nineteen years later. Isn't that crazy?

Tomorrow, I should also be attending my supposedly first ever day at Hogwarts. I should be forming my own little quad with Albus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy, and Rose Weasley, and I should be having weekly tea parties with Hagrid, but guess what? Instead, I must attend my basic Elementary school with all those basic muggles in five days.

Anyways, there is this great person on Wattpad who publishes the best fanfictions, and is overall the sweetest person you will ever meet. Her name is xxLumosMagicxx

A lot of you may have seen her comments on my fanfiction, but the reason I know her is because a long time ago, I came across her Harry Potter fanfictions, 'The Anna Black series', and I ended up loving them so much.

Guys, please. Check out her stories, because I promise you won't be disappointed.

QOTD: Favourite colour?
AOTD: Purple.

Vote and comment!

Love,
Manny