The First Encounter

Lance POV:

"Ugh... can we leave soon? I'm hungry and wanna eat before 12 in the morning." I said leaning back in a library chair, bored out of my mind. "Oh shut it McClain. Why don't you make yourself useful and try helping me for a change?" My friend Pidge said darting her eyes coldly over at me before returning to the isles of books.

We came to the local library every weekend so she could fill her knowledge addiction. The librarians eventually gave Pidge access to the books in the basement as they seemed to like her. I sighed as I stood up and walked over to a random shelf of books. "What are you looking for again?" I asked letting out a quick yawn of exhaustion. "Books on Theoretical physics." She said squatting down to check the lower shelves.

As I skimmed through the books on the shelves I had to do a double take on one. I pulled a dusty leather bound book out off the shelve and looked it over. There was no title to be found on the book, only a strange symbol engraved in its leather cover. Curiously, I flipped it open to a random page and my heart skipped a beat.

I looked over the top of the book isle to see Pidge squatting down, still distracted in her search. I quickly and quietly put the book in my backpack and lugged in over my shoulder. "I'm going to call it a night dude. My eyes are barely able to stay open at this point. See you tomorrow in history." I said waving at her. Not bothering to look up for the book in her hands she simply waved me goodbye.

I picked up a pizza on my drive home. I was barely able to hold in my excitement. I glanced back at my blue backpack in the backseat of my car. I smiled and pressed the gas making me go a little faster. I kicked my apartment door closed as I placed my stuff down on the kitchen counter. I grabbed a slice of pizza and the old book from the library and walked into the living room.

"Come to pápa!" I said taking a bit of the greasy heaven that is pepperoni pizza. I opened the cover of the book to see a warning written in red. 

" Warning to whoever uses this book: This can be a tool for both good and evil, use with extreme caution!
      -S "

Okay? That's cool I guess. I flipped back to the page form the library and read the page again. "For those who wish to form a contact with the unholy spawn of night and evil do the simple steps below. Add a drop or more of your blood to the symbol on the cover and say the following." I placed the book down on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen.

I placed my pizza slice on top of its box as I grabbed a knife for the kitchen drawer. I walked back over the the book which had already closed on itself. "I'm I really doing to do this?" I said hesitating as I held the blade against my palm. I let out a sigh and sliced the fragile skin of my hand. I winced in pain and accidentally dropped the knife, watching it clack as it hit the hardwood floor.

I quickly held my hand over the book cover and made sure my blood covered the symbol as I spoke, "Et beatos vos ad me." I waited for a moment and nothing happened. I walked into the bathroom to retrieve some bandages to cover my cut. As I wrapped my hand I began to feel stupid for believe the book. I picked up my pizza with my good hand,walked back into the living room, and flopped down on the sofa.

"Honestly what did you expect, loser..." I said to myself as I took a depressed bit of pep. Just then I heard a faint tapping on the window. Freaked out, I walked over to check out what was making the noise. I opened the window and peered my head out and looked around.

"Can I come in?" An appealing disembodied voice asked me. "Um... sure?" I said stepping away from the window and watched in awe as a shadowy cloud drifted into my apartment. I closed the window and turned back around to see the cloud materialize into a man.

The man was just shorter then me with raven black hair and ruby red eyes. He had two small holes on his neck with a pair a fangs that poked out from under his lips. "You summoned me?" He asked as he folded his arms across his chest. "So... it worked?" I said with a small smile. "I'm Lance!" I said walking up to him and eagerly extending my hand to shake his. "Keith." The man said shaking my hand.

"So you're an actual vampire who will do anything I ask?" I said clasping my hands together. My head ran wild in thought as Keith nodded. "Well in that case, I want you to be my friend." I smiled warmly at him. "Wait, what? You don't want me to kill anyone or get revenge on a childhood bully?" Keith asked confused.

"As tempting as murder is, I'll pass." I said with a chuckle. "So you just summoned a Vampire, a creature of pure evil, to be your friend?" Keith shook his head in disgrace, "Dude..."
I just shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, it's your request man. There's just one more thing we have to do to make this official. I need to drink your blood to seal the contact."

Before I could process anything, my back was up against the wall of my living room. Keith was only a inch away from me as he held me against the wall. "Last chance, Lance." He said glancing up from my neck to my eyes. I felt blood rush my my cheeks as I nodded at him, "Just drink already."

With that he latched himself to my neck. I let out a grunt as I felt his fangs buried in my sensitive neck. As he drank more and more I began to feel dizzy as black spots filled my vision. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder to help ground myself, but it didn't help. I quickly found myself slipping into unconsciousness, completely at his mercy.