The Meeting

Shiro's POV:

"I'm sorry to cut our little down time short, but we need to talk." Keith said to the group as we sat in his hotel room. Everyone was gathering around a small coffee table they had in there. "Last night I had an... unsettling dream. I think I know who stole the summoning book, but before I call out any names I need to ask you something." Keith turned his attention to Kyoka who was sitting on Pidge in her fox form.

"What did your old summoner look like? Do you know?" Keith asked intensely watching her. "Sorry, But he never showed his face to me. If you have a person in mind then you can describe him. I was able to catch glimpses of him so... maybe?" She said sound unsure. "The person I'm thinking of has long white hair and a purple hue to there skin. Rather tall with a soothing voice?" Keith closed his eyes his eyes as if picturing the person in his head. Kyoka's face dropped. "I don't know about the hair, but he did have a nice voice and a purple hue."

"That's good enough for me. So who's the guy?" Lance said placing a tray of snacks and drinks form the vending machines on the table. Keith swallowed and spoke quietly, "Lotor." We all raises an eyebrow in confusion, looking around to see each other's reactions, except Kyoka who looked terrified. "We're doomed." She said.

"Way to be positive." Hunk said sarcastically. "You don't understand Lotor is a prince of Vampires; he is immensely powerful..." Kyoka commented. She then looked over to Keith. "Are you sure it's him?" Keith just nodded his head. "So what does that mean for us?" I asked finally chiming in. "It means we're screwed Shiro." Lance said sitting down next to Keith.

Lance' POV:

"Lance." Shiro said in a stern voice, "Don't give up so easily. I'm sure this Lotor guy has some weakness we can exploit... Right?" He said glancing at Keith for assistance. "I can only think of one or too things that might slow him down, but it won't truly hurt him. Hell the guy survived a fire!" Keith closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

I placed my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. He reached up and held my hand gently before opening his eyes again. "We need to upgrade if we want to stand a chance." Pidge face seemed to light up. "Upgrades? What do you mean by Upgrades?" She said. "He'll pick you humans off one by one as you're the weakest target. If you value your life you need to be trained. Me and Kyoka will help you."  Pidge and Shiro seemed to be excited about training.

"C-can I say something crazy?" I said swallowing my nerves. "Go head." Shiro and Keith said in unison. "Well... Even with the training us humans will still be easy targets don't you think?" I said seeing a few nods from around the table. "And again this is just and idea, but what I was thinking was... what if we transformed to match Lotor?" I said instantly regretting it. "What!!" Shiro said slamming his hands on the table making everyone jump in fright.

"Lance are you implying that... I make you all Vampires?" Keith said with a worried look.  "Not everyone! J-just those okay with it y'know?" I said defending my bad idea. "So... you." Pidge said raising and eyebrow at me. I paused before answering. "Yeah... me." Silence fell over the room as they all looked at me. Some looked worried and others confused. "Think about this Lance. Your life would never be the same, You'd have to hunt people,  drink blood, and you'd see everyone around you die... Do you really want that?" Shiro said trying to talk me out of this. "Shiro I appreciate your concern, but I've already made up my mind about this. Besides, I wouldn't be alone. I'd have Keith with me." I said placing my hand on his thigh under the table.

"Aww!" Hunk and Coran said starry eyed. "Lance..." Keith said placing a hand on my tight. He looked up at me. "Are you sure about this? There's no going back..." I smiled down at him softly as I placed a hand on his cheek. "100 percent." We looked into each other's eye until we heard Shiro clear his throat. "Well... I won't stop you Lance." Shiro sounded like he was about to cry. He quickly swallowed his sorrow before addressing the group.

"Alright everyone, tomorrow be up and in the lobby by 8am and well start our training after breakfast. Lance... good luck... Alright let's all head to our rooms." With that everyone got up from the table. Hunk and Pidge grabbed some snacks before saying goodnight. Shiro and Coran gave me a hug and wished me good luck again before heading out.

After the door closed I turned to Keith. "So... how bad is this transformation going to be?" I asked as I walked up next to him. "If it's anything like mine then very bad. Hopefully it won't be the same for you as I was in denial about it while you're embracing it. The first feeding might be a problem though...." Keith said setting me down on the bed.
"First feeding?" I asked him a little worried. Keith nodded before talking, "Almost every vampire I encountered said that when they first turned they had a terribly strong thirst for blood. You should be able to get by on my blood, but I don't know if it'll satisfy your first feeding."

I did as instructed by Keith and tried my best I relax. Keith leading in close to my neck before hesitating. "Last chance to call out." He said to me. "I'll be fine. Just promise to be here and help me through this. Please..." I said taking his hand in mine. "I'll always be with you." Keith said smiling at me before continuing to my neck.