War of Hearts (part one)

Keith's POV:

We parked the van a while away as Coran didn't want it to get damage. As we walked the sound a crunching leafs beneath our feet filled the cold air. "Are you guys ready?" I asked as we walked in formation. "Y-Yeah. Just a little nervous." Hunk said shaking in his boots. "Hey." Allura said placing a hand on his shoulder. "Stick to what you've learned and you'll be fine." She said with a warm and comforting smile. Hunk hummed in agreement as we kept walked.

We stoped on top of a hill where we could see the house down below us. Or at least where the house should be. "Where is it? Our home?" Allura asked heartbroken as we looked down at the empty land. "I... I don't know." I said looking out confused. My attention quickly turned to the tree line where a group of people emerged. "Oh shit..." I said covering my mouth. "What is it?" Shiro asked moving up to see. We all watched as a small army exited the forest. "Wait... are they all vampires?" Lance said scanning the group. "Yes." I said feeling a chill go up my spine.

"What do we do now?" Pidge asked. "We didn't plan on fighting an army!" She said quietly yelling. "Kyoka, you know what to do." I said giving her a sad smile. She nodded and gave Pidge a hug before she turned into a fox and trotted off into the forest. "W-what is she doing?" Pidge asked as she watched her disappear into the trees. "Plan B, Alright everyone gather around." I said making every huddle up. "I realize this isn't what we expected but we still have a plan... kinda."  "Kinda?" Shiro asked raising an eyebrow. "Kyoka will give us the signal to go and we well cut our way through the crowd to where Lotor is hiding, presumably in the trees somewhere." I said trying not to sound nervous. "This isn't going to be pretty but as long as everyone does what they're supposed to do we should be good. Allura instead of healing can you do a shield spell for us?" I asked. Allura nodded, "Of course."   "Pidge and Hunk, use your best magic spells to try and take out as many of those guys as possible okay?" They both hummed in agreement. "Shiro you will be in charge of taking on those who get to close to the others and Coran you'll heal us up as best you can."

"So what's the single to attack?" Lance asked as we turned our attention back to the battle field. As soon as those words left his lips the ground began to shake. "That." I said pointing to the trees. A giant fox shrouded in a blue flame charged into the field and took out a line of Vampires. "Is that... Kyoka?!" Pidge asked both amazed and horrified. "Yep, let go team!" I said as we ran down the hill and got into formation again.

Pidge and Hunk started their incantations as Allura put up a shield around us. Shiro charged up his hand and looked laser focused. Kyoka was busy knocking people over with her flaming tails, she had already taken out about 1/3 of the Army. Lance and me took on those who attacked us from the front. Lance punched one guy so hard it launched him backwards and took out four others who where behind them. "Sorry!" He hollered of the sounds of the fight. "Why are you apologizing? That was great!" I said giving him a quick smile.

There was another rumble in the ground as everyone looked around to see what was happening. Out of nowhere a bunch of bears, foxes, birds, and moose came charging out of the surrounding forest and attacked the other Vampires. Everyone looked at Pidge in shock. "Heh!" She laughed as she adjusted her glasses, clearly proud of herself. "Hold on guys!" Hunk hollered over the chaos. The ground shook again, an earthquake. We braced ourselves so we didn't fall over.

"Dude, that's at least 6 or 7 in magnitude!" Pidge said giving her friend a high five. The ground began to crack open under the pressure of the earthquake. The ground swallowed about half of the remaining Vampires. "Dude! That's awesome!" Lance said giving Hunk a fist bump.

We entered the forest as Kyoka took care of the last few vampires. "Remember, keep your distance." I said to the team. "Oh that's not very nice Keith. I wanted to meet your new friends!" Lotor's disembodied voice echoed through the trees. Everyone stiffness as it chuckled. "Show yourself Lotor!" I snarled at him. In the shadows I saw a part of glowing eyes looking at me. "You don't seem very happy to see me my love? Why's that?" Lotor said pretending to pout as he stepped into the light.

——
Lotor's POV:

"Hey man, back off!" Lance said protectively of Keith. I darted my eyes over to the lanky boy. "So you're my replacement? You can do better Keith." I said raising my eyebrow as I scanned the boy. "Hey!" Lance said hurt. I scoffed then reminded myself to stay on task. "Listen Kieth, this can all end here without anyone getting hurt. Just come with me and leave this... cornstalk of a boy." I said gesturing to Lance.

Keith stepped in front of Lance and snarled at me, making sure to show his teeth. It was almost cute to see him try to act tough. I let out a sigh and cracked my knuckles. "No? Well, look like we'll have to do this the hard way!" I said with a smirk.

——
Shiro's POV:

Lotor was fast, ever for Keith. One second Lance was in the group the next he was being held off the ground by Lotor, his hand around his neck. Lance was kicking and trying to pull Lotors hand away so he could breath.
"This could have all been avoided, but no! You had to play difficult, like always." Keith yelling in pure rage as he charged forward. Lotor must have expected this as he had trick up his sleeve.

It all happened so fast, but as Keith charged forward Lotor managed to handcuff him in silver braces. Keith fell to the ground and hollered in agony. Everyone took a step back as we watched, dumbfounded. "Remember those?" Lotor said throwing a gasping Lance to the side. Keith had tears streaming down his face as he tried to shuffle to Lance's side. I managed to snap myself out the fear and I charged for Lotor while he was distracted by Keith and Lance. I managed to hit him down the spin as he yelled in pain. "What the-!" He said taking a knee. I went for another hit but he quickly sent me flying backwards over the group.

I braced myself for the impact with the ground but I never came. Instead I was caught by something, or someone. I looked up to see Kyoka in her human form. She had pure fury in her eyes. She gently placed me on the ground as he made her way to the rest of the group.

——
Lance's POV:

I gasped for air as I watched Kyoka make her way to us. She seemed alittle... off. She was in her human form but she was still coated in flames. "Leave them alone Lotor!" She said in a stern voice that echoed and sent shivers up my spin. Lotor was still recovering from Shiro's lucky hit but he just as cockily as ever. "What happened to calling me master?" He chuckled.

Keith was only a few inches away from me. While Lotor was distracted with Kyoka, I went to help free Keith from his shackles. As soon as my skin touched the silver I felt a sharp pain. I quickly withdrew my hands with a hiss. "Y-you can't t-touch it." Keith said through the pain. I quickly took off my jacket and used it to cover my hands so I could undo the handcuffs. Once they where off Keith let out a sigh of relief and fell to his side in exhaustion.

Kyoka still had Lotors full attention so I took the opportunity and handcuffed him. Just like Keith had said earlier, not even a Vampire prince can withstand silver. Lotor screeched in pain as he stumbled to get to his feet. He glared over his shoulder at me with hatred. Before anyone could do anything else he sped away into the forest.

Everyone let out a sigh, Allura and Coran rushed over to heal Keith's burns from the silver. I began to feel dizzy as black spots filled my vision. I stumbled over to Keith's side before falling unconscious on the forest floor.