Magic (angst warning)

Keith's POV:
Even though I was drowning in sunscreen I could still feel myself burning up. I pushed it to the back of my mind and just focused on the line me and Lance where in. There was at least 40 people in line to get tickets. Many of them where families who had little kids running around.

Lance looked so excited, he must really like fish. I had never been to an aquarium as they didn't have them the last time I was summoned. I was a little nervous as I wasn't sure what to expect. Lance just said that it's a place you go to look at aquatic animals. Nothing more as he wanted to see my reaction to everything.

A few minutes later we got out tickets and moved inside to start our aquatic adventure. We started with sea animals. The first up was Penguins. We watched as they waddled around below us. Every now and then one would dive into the water and splash around. I would be lying if I didn't say they weren't cute.

---
Lance's POV:
As our day continued we reached the big tank with sharks and other big ocean animals like sea turtles and whatnot. We where the only ones in that room. "Look! It's a whale shark!"
I said pointing at the giant hunk-o-fish as it swam by us. "What kind of magic did it take to hold all this wildlife in one building?" Keith said as he stepped closer to the glass. I let out a soft chuckle.

"We don't use magic." I said smiling as the whale shark circled back around. I noticed Keith staring at me out the corner of my eye, a soft smile present on his lips. I glanced over at him and he quickly averted his eyes. "Give me your hand." He seemed a bit confused and maybe a tad bit flustered, but eventually Keith gave me his hand. I went to place it on the glass. Keith seemed a little worried as his fingers moved closer to the transparent object. I decided to place one of my hand on there with his.

I let go of him and he just stayed there in awe. Our hands where just barely touching each other. We glanced quickly glanced at each other and chuckled. I gave him a warm smile.
His pale cheeks turned slightly pink. Cute. "Hey are you my appendix?"
I said raising an eyebrow at Keith.
He looked extremely confused,
"Because I don't understand how you work, but this feeling in my stomach makes me what to take you out."

His face was glowing red at my awful pickup line. "How long did it take you to come up with that one?" He asked as he hide his face from view. "That ones been on the back burner, I was saving it for the right time haha!" I said with a goofy grin. Keith gave me a soft smile.
"I've never, in my 300 years, meet a human like you Lance." I took that as a compliment. I had a wide smile and wasn't afraid to show it. "Haha well what can I say? I'm weird I guess."
"I like weird." Keith said with a smirk.

I felt my heart skip a beat. No one ever said that to me. In fact no one every really talked to me other then my few friends. It was refreshing to have Keith here. I felt butterflies in my stomach. As we continued through the aquarium there was more and more. Every side glance, every time our hands brushed against each other's, every time he would ask a question about the animals, I felt the butterflies grow.

---
Keith's POV:
I could tell Lance was acting a little weird, but I couldn't tell why that was. Was he hungry? Is he tired? Is he upset with me? I began to worry if he was mad at me for something. I decided to use my vampire abilities to see what was wrong.

I stoped walked once we were out of public eye and just as I planned he stoped with me. He looked a little worried too. "Hey man, you okay?"
He asked me. I looked into his eyes and I could feel his emotions as if they where my own. I was feeling... wait... this can't be right? We looked at each other confused.

"Lance. I have to ask you something."
I said taking a deep breath before continuing, "You do realize I'm dangerous right? I'm a vampire, a creature of everything evil. How does that not scare you away?" "I trust you Keith." Lance's words echoed in my head. My cheeks grow pink and my jaw dropped alittle. I quickly collected myself and continued, "How? You don't even know me."

"I know you enough to see that your not going to hurt me." Lance said looking me dead in the eyes. I needed to make my point to him but how? An Idea popped into my head, but I didn't like it. Sadly I didn't really have another option.

I reluctantly pinned Lance to the wall. One hand at the base of his neck and the other on one of his shoulders. Lance's breath became faster as his face held a hint of panic. He was looking at me, but I couldn't meet his eyes. "You don't get it do you. You know nothing about me and nothing about what I'm capable of doing to you. I could break you like a twig if I wanted to." I said as I looked down at my hands.

I wasn't expecting to feel a soft hand being placed on my shoulder. I looked over to see that it belonged to Lance.
"Then let me get to know you." I withdrew my hands and let them fall to my sides. I couldn't even look at Lance. "I really don't understand how you can have feelings for something like me." I said looking down at the floor.

"W-what are you talking about?"
Lance said with a nervous chuckle. "Don't lie to me Lance." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Lets just... go back to the apartment."
I said walking away.

---
A/N: hey guys so I'm looking forward to the next chapter as that's when things get good :3! The plot is going to start forming in the next chapter and I'm really excited about it!!! I hope you guys continue to read and I also hope that you all have a wonderful day <3