Hunters

Pidge POV:
Knock, knock, knock!
"I'm coming! Hold your horses!"
I said I was rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes. This better be good reason to wake me, otherwise someone is about to die.

"What?"
I said as I opened the front door to see Lance and a stranger.
"Pidge! We need your help!"
Lance's said yelling in my face.

---
Hunk's POV:
I was pulling a cake out of the oven when I heard a knock on my door. I placed the delicious baked good into a cooling rack and walked over to see who it was.

"Yes?"
I said opening to door to see Lance, Pidge, and some stranger.
"Is everything alright?"
I asked them.

"No, and that why we need your help!"
Lance said and Pidge nodded in agreement.

---
Shiro's POV:
I was grading some papers with Coran when I heard a panicked knock on my apartment door.
"I'll be right back."
I said to Coran as he continued to grade.

"Hello?"
I said opening the door to see three of my students and a stranger.

"Shiro! We need your help!"
Lance said tugging on my arm.

"On your homework or?"
I raised an eyebrow confused as to why everyone looked so worried.
"No, Pidge could help us with that! I messed up big time Shiro and I need your help to fix it."

I looked at the faces of The group and I could tell it must have been something bad.
"Okay. Come in and explain everything."
I said stepping to the side letting everyone walk in.

---
Lance's POV:

"So you found a book that can summon monsters and used it. Then proceeded to lose immediately afterwards?" Shiro said trying to recap what happened.
"Yes."
I said shameful of how stupid it sounded.

"He even got a boyfriend out of it!"
Pidge said pointing her thump over at Keith who was standing in the corner looking highly uncomfortable.
"H-he's not my boyfriend!"
I said in defense. Pidge just gave me a evil smile and laughed. I looked back at Keith to see his face was bright red.

"Okay, vampire boyfriends aside! I'll help you but I want to let you know that what you did was stupid. Plus I'll have to call work and let them know we wouldn't be there tomorrow."
Shiro said giving me a stern look.

"Ill help you noble kids too!"
Coran said standing up and doing a "heroic" pose. We all raised an eyebrow at Coran as he started rambling about how he used to be in the army and blah blah blah.

"Um... okay. So that like what, 6 people now? Do you think that good enough Keith?"
I said turning to face him. Keith walked over to the group.
Hunk inched closer to Shiro looking a little scared to be around Keith.

"You'll need to pack your things and gather equipment. This won't be easy but we have to do it. If we fail then the world might turn into chaos like it was back in my day."
Keith said placing his hand down on the wooden table.

"You sound like an old man."
I said letting out a small chuckle.
Keith looked over at me.
"This is serious Lance. We could die."

Silence filled the room. We all looked at each other alittle worried till Shiro spoke up.
"Alright team! You heard Keith. Go home and gather your things. We'll meet up at Lance's apartment tomorrow and start our searching."
Everyone nodded in agreement and we returned everyone home.

---
Keith's POV:
It took a lot to hold myself together in that group of people. I hadn't had blood in a few days now and I could tell it was starting to affect me. Once we returned back to Lance apartment I quickly locked myself in the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror to see my red eyes where brighter then usual. That wasn't good. I closed my eyes and sighed. I sat down on the bathroom floor with my head in my knees. Having flashbacks to when I was first turned.

I felt the craving for blood in my stomach strengthen. I looked at my arm and debated biting it to at least have something. I then heard a knock on the door.

"Keith buddy. You okay?"
Lance's voice was layered with concern.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just hungry."
I said being honest with him.

"Do you want some of my blood then? I don't mind."
Lance said softly.
I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror again. I've never met a human like you before Lance.

I slowly opened the bathroom door to see Lance smiling. He had on blue lion slippers and a blue robe.
I could hear the blood being pumped through his veins.
"A-are you sure?"
I asked again just to make sure.

"Of course!"
Lance said moving the clothing away from his neck for me. I starred at his neck before I made my move. I held onto his shoulders as I bit down. I tryed my best to make it as peaceful as possible. I heard him wince quietly. I felt bad, but I was so hungry that I couldn't really pull away to check on him.

---
Lance's POV:
It didn't feel like a warm bite like when Keith first bit me. It was more painful and he was drinking a lot faster. I felt myself grow light headed. I had to hold onto his shirt to keep my balance.

After a minute or two he pulled away with blood trickling down his face. His eyes weren't as red anymore and he looked less pale.
I stumbled forward and he luckily caught me before I face planted onto the floor.

"Are you okay?!"
He asked concerned.

"Y-yeah! Just tired is all..."
I said rubbing my eyes trying to stay awake.

"I took to much from you. I'm sorry."
Keith said looking down at his feet in embarrassment.
"Hey."
I said cupping his face and wiping away the left over blood with my thumb.
"It's fine."

He looked at me almost like he was amazed by me. I don't know why, it's not like I did anything.
"Can you help my to my bed? I don't think I can balance myself enough to walk there by myself."
I asked him with a lighthearted smile.

He helped me get in bed and as he was walking out the door he stopped. He looked back at me with a soft smile,
"Goodnight Lance."

"Night Keith."
I said before I slipped into a deep sleep.