Keith's Nightmare

Keith's POV:
After we showered we decided to watch a movie. We cuddled on the hotel sofa and watched one of Lance's favorite movies, Titanic. "Why doesn't he just climb on with her instead of staying in the freezing water?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "There's not enough room for him." Lance said deeply focused on the movie. "Oh b-s!" Lance shushed me while stuffing his face with popcorn.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm going to bed, this movies logic is irritating me." I said excusing myself from the sofa. I changed into my pjs and slipped under the covers. As soon as my head it the pillow I was out. That night I had something I hadn't had in a long while, a dream.

I was in my old room in Lotor's castle. Why am I here of all places? I thought to myself as I walked down the familiar halls. I walked into the dining room to see a shadow sitting in the poorly lit room. A young girl was tied up on the table. "What the- who are?" I asked the shadow. I watched as the figure creeped forward in their chair.

"Hello dearest, Keith." Lotor said with a warming smile. "Lotor!" I said running over to him giving him a hug. "I've missed you too." He said gently patting my back. "I've prepared a lovely feast for you. The blood of a virgin, the finest blood there is." Lotor said as he gestured to the girl on the table. "Oh, wow.... um... thanks?" I said taking a seat next to him at the table.

"You know, after the villagers attacked the castle I thought you died..." I said looking at the girl as she squirmed under Lotor's touch. "It'll take more then a fire to take down a prince of death my dear." He said brushing his fingers through the girls hair trying to calm her down. "So What have you been up to for the past hundred years?" Lotor asked not taking his eye away from the girl. "Well to be honest, not much. I recently got summoned by this guy named Lance-" "So his name is Lance?" Lotor said darting his head up.
"Um... yeah? Anyhow, he super nice and I like him... a lot actually." I mumbled the last part.

Lotor looked down at me as he talked, "He's only temporary you know this right? Soon his body will decay and rot to nothing but bones under the earth. Don't waste your love on him!" Lotor seemed to get angrier with every word.
"Lotor-" "He, a mere human, should have never even meet you unless he was food! That's all humans are to us, and you know this! So stop playing with your food and kill him already!" Lotor was practically screaming now.

I stood up and moved away from him. "You're wrong Lotor. Lance is not my food, well I mean... not technically. He's a friend, and a good one at that! I don't need some ghost that haunts my subconscious to tell me what I can and can't do!" I said now raising my voice too. "Who said this is all a dream? Who said im part of your subconscious?" Lotor was now standing up too making his way over to me. "I'm not part of the pretty little brain of yours Keith. I'm real. This is a dream yes, but I'm using this as a way to communicate with you!" I stumbled back at his words. "But you... the fire... I saw you burn!" I screamed with tears in my eyes.

"Shhh. It's okay my dear Keith. I'm here now and that's all that matters."
Lotor said now calming back down. He wiped my tears away and looked at me with such sorrow. "I'll save you from this Lance who's stolen you from me. I'll take back what is rightfully mine."
"What?" I sniffled. "Lance didn't steal me, and I don't belong to you or anyone else. I'm happy where I am-"

"But I can make you happier. Just tell me where you are and-" "No Lotor. I'm staying with Lance." I said moving out of his reach. "Just let me be." I said sternly. "Mi amerai, infatti mi implorerai di amarti." I was about to ask what Lotor said, but I suddenly woke up.

I sprang up and panted as I looked around the room. Lance was next to me with a worried face. "You okay, man?" He asked rubbing circles into my back gently. "I've... been better." I said sitting on the side of the bed next to him. "What happened?" I asked. "Well you started to toss around in the bed so I paused my movie and came to check on you. Then you started to cry so I woke you up and... what did you dream about?" Lance said raising and eyebrow. "An old friend..." I didn't want to tell Lance everything that happened, not yet at least. I still needed time to recover myself.

Lance seemed to notice I was holding somethings back, but he simply nodded and didn't press for answers. "Okay well, try to get some rest and not have another nightmare." Lance said kissing my forehead before getting up to walk away. "Wait!" I frantically grabbed hold of his hand. "Can you- can you stay?" Lance looked back at me and softly smiled. "Of course."