The Past (angst warning)

Keith POV:
~300 years ago~

"Allura?"
I called out as I ran into the tree line, Allura puffing along behind me.
"Yeah?"
She yell back at me as we jumped over a small river.

"I'm sorry for getting us into this mess! I should have listened to you!"
I felt tears forming in my eyes. I shouldn't have messed with the vampires. She warned me not to, but I didn't listen. Now here we are, running for our lives.

"I-its okay Keith! We'll think of something!"
She said now running right next to me.
I knew she was worried even though she hide it well. We weaved past trees and bushes trying our best to make some distance between us and the nest of vampire chasing us.

Just then I felt a gust of air and hear a woman's scream. I stop in horror of the sight in front of me. Allura was being restrained by the vampire we where running from. Her mouth was covered by one of there hands. Allura was trying with all her might to wiggle free from the vampires hold.

"Let her go!"
I yelled trying my best to sound brave but my voice crack proved otherwise.
The vampire just laughed at me.
"You wish it was that simple human. I'll let her go, if you give me something in return." They had an evil grin on there face.

I made eye contact with Allura, we both knew what he wanted. She managed to free her mouth for a second.
"Don't do it Keith-"
Was all she managed to spit out before her mouth was covered again. If I wasn't crying before I was definitely crying now. Defeated I locked eyes with the vampire. "Well?" They asked me.
"I'll switch places with her if you promise me that you and all the other vampires with leave her and her family alone! Forever!" I said with all the courage I could manage. They squinted there eyes at me. "Fine."

With that they released Allura and she fell to the ground. I soon felt the vampires arms around me.
"Anything you'd like to say?"

"I'm sorry I brought you into this Allura."
I said as tears rolled down my face.

"Keith!"
She said as she reached out to me. It was to late. I screamed in pain as the fangs of the vampire sank into my skin.
I didn't fell like they drank anything though. In fact it felt like they injected me with something. They pulled away from me and I fell to the forrest floor.

"Keith!"
Allura said racing over to me.

"W-what did you do to me!?"
I yelled at the vampire as Allura helped me up. I had one arm draped over her shoulder as she placed one of her hands on my hip to help me walk.
The vampire didn't answer, they just chucked at us. "See you around little one." With that they vanished into the darkness.

---
Allura's POV:

We had made in back to my cabin on the edge of the woods. Not a lot of people lived out here but we had many farm animals. My family picked this spot as it had great soil for plants to grow. I opened the door and quickly sat Keith down to examine the bite on his neck.

"Does it hurt?"
I asked running my fingers over it lightly.

"Not really. It burns a little but other then that..."
I could see his hands where shaking.
I felt so bad for him. He sacrificed himself for me, and I felt so bad for not being able to do anything to help him.

I took his hands in mine as I spoke,
"It'll be okay. Let me look in the book to see in there's anything I can do to help." I get up and pull out one of the many wooden floor board in my cabin. Under it was a leather book. I picked it up and placed the floor board back.
I flipped through the pages until I got to the vampire section.